No start Help!! - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Diesel Dog, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 460 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

No start Help!!

Got cold here last night, first time all year. The inline fuel filter we put on for temporrary at BTS was frozen with water, so I bypassed it with a piece of fuel line.

Truck cranks and I get alot of white smoke out the pipes, but it will not start. I have jumper cables on it to keep from running down the batteries.

Should I look at something else? I'm thinking I may have some water in the fuel pumps that has froze too. I have only a small electric heater set up under the truck to try and defrost.

With the key on, the fuel preasure on my gauge starts out at 70 psi and slowly drops to 0. Fuel filter is full of fuel

Thanks!!

'00 cc f 350 a few mods, and a bts tranny.

Wet concrete, Hot Asphalt And Life Wait for no one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 03:28 PM

Garage
it sounds like you have a glow plug problem, could be the plugs or the relay, if you have a test light or a meter you can check to see if the relay is tranfering power, i just had the same problem and it was the relay, also keep it pluged in if cold weather is expected it will help alot, if you need a relay i got mine from napa for $65 they normally go for 102 but i told them it was only 65 online and they matched it, i paid $9 per plug form napa also. Happy Wrenching:Thumbup:

99.5 F250, VGT 5.9 CR cummins
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 04:04 PM

GPR109 is the part number from NAPA. Same thing just turned about 180 degrees. When you crank it does the Fuel pressure drop or just after sitting? IE are the fuel pumps turning off or is the FP dropping? I froze mine a few weeks ago... Had to put a heater under the fuel tanks for about an hour and then change the fuel filter... Stipid Bio diesel....

01 F-250 SC PSD,210k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, GTS Hybrid injectors, Studs, 910 Valve springs, Forged rods Water injection,Swamps tuned, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 100 axl tank, 4" Revtek lift, 37-14.50-17 TOYO MT's 469hp and 1068tq...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I narrowed it to the GPR. Was gonna pull one off the other '00 we just got but it's bad too.

Now it's off to NAPA for 2.

Thanks guys!!

By the way it wasn't water that froze, it was wax.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Just so ya'll know:

NAPA GPR109 25 bucks, Rated for 600 amps the posts are turned 90 degrees from the GPR110 that is called for for the SD relay.

The GPR110 is 100 bucks and only rated at 100 amps. Guess wich one I got.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzljon
it sounds like you have a glow plug problem, could be the plugs or the relay, if you have a test light or a meter you can check to see if the relay is tranfering power, i just had the same problem and it was the relay, also keep it pluged in if cold weather is expected it will help alot, if you need a relay i got mine from napa for $65 they normally go for 102 but i told them it was only 65 online and they matched it, i paid $9 per plug form napa also. Happy Wrenching:Thumbup:
Go on ebay and put in powerstroke you can get the same relay Ford sells for 25.00 to about 30.00. I've got 4 of them off there and put one on my 95 and give one to a friend and put the others up my 00 has the same relay.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode