fuel line check valves on head - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by SICKS-O, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 947 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Slow 6.0

fuel line check valves on head

are these things absolutely nessisary or can i get away with not using them? im sick and tired of all the fuel leaks ive had/have to deal with on my truck so i am going to redo everything under the hood with AN fittings and push lock hose but before i order anything i need to know if i can take out the check valves.

2006 F350 XLT 4x4
ARP Studs, Blocked EGR Cooler, MBRP 304SS Cool Duals, 03 Turbo, Coolant Filter Kit, PCM Flashed Back & Innovative Extreme Tunes - 13.3 @ 99
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 08:57 PM

Yes, they can be removed. If you are going to be doing fuel system stuff anyway I would suggest doing a regulated return system with an aftermaket regulator. ITP sells a good kit or you can piece it together yourself. If you are going to go the DIY route check out the fuel system pics in the link in my sig. Also look through the thread Homemade OBS Fuel System. Some of it deals with the older trucks specifically but there is a lot of it that you can use.

Eric
96 F-350 CC Dually My TDG Gallery
B codes, head studs, Comp 910 valve springs, stock turbo w/ 1.00 turbine housing
6.0 IC, NAPA 6637 air filter, AeroTurbine 4040XL, ITP Overboost Annihilator,
Quadzilla Commander, electric fuel system w/ regulated return
coolant filter, 203* thermostat
Dually Club Member #53

346.7HP, 852.1TQ 12/15/07 Greeley, CO w/ stage 1 injectors and Wildman tunes
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
Slow 6.0
Threadstarter

ok great, they look really restrictive otherwise i could care less the ID of them is like 1/8 inch! my idea was to keep the stock fuel filter housing, use the front ports on each head to supply the fuel and then the rear ports at the returns into a Y block and then an adjustable fuel pressure regulater, then a line down to the frame rail, cut the stock return line, put a fitting on it, flare it and then buy an adapter. im going to use all push lock hose, stuff is really nice. this project is going to set me back a little bit with the cost but u have no idea how many of those stupid little black o ring seals have gone on me and caused drips and messes, ive had it!

2006 F350 XLT 4x4
ARP Studs, Blocked EGR Cooler, MBRP 304SS Cool Duals, 03 Turbo, Coolant Filter Kit, PCM Flashed Back & Innovative Extreme Tunes - 13.3 @ 99

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode