Hesitating - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by NickTF, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 527 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Hesitating

My truck has started hesitating in the last few months mainly at part throttle. It seems to be almost non-noticeable some days and much worse during other days. Strangly it doesn't do it during cruise control operation, but only when I use part throttle to maintain speed. Truck feels fine during wide open throttle. I currently have 155k on it and have the mods listed in my signature. What culprits should I look at to eliminate this problem.

Nick

P.S. I pretty much run in the 120 hp setting of my chip all the time and don't really beet on the truck that much. It will throw a light and turbo surge during wot for extended periods of time at higher speeds, but other then that there is no lights thrown when it starts to hesitate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 04:05 PM

Been cold? I would bet your exhaust back pressure sensor is plugged up causing the valve to close.

The light at WOT is from one of two things, first overboost. You need a boost regulator from ITP, do that the MAP sensor does not see over 22# boost. When that happens the truck defuels and you loose power.

The other reason that this could be happening is an ICP code, at the higher HP levels the chip is asking for more HPO then the HPOP can give and you get a light.

01 F-250 SC PSD,210k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, GTS Hybrid injectors, Studs, 910 Valve springs, Forged rods Water injection,Swamps tuned, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 100 axl tank, 4" Revtek lift, 37-14.50-17 TOYO MT's 469hp and 1068tq...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD
Been cold? I would bet your exhaust back pressure sensor is plugged up causing the valve to close.

The light at WOT is from one of two things, first overboost. You need a boost regulator from ITP, do that the MAP sensor does not see over 22# boost. When that happens the truck defuels and you loose power.

The other reason that this could be happening is an ICP code, at the higher HP levels the chip is asking for more HPO then the HPOP can give and you get a light.
Thanks. Where is the exhaust back pressure sensor and can it be cleaned or does it need replacing?

As far as the other items I was told the same thing by the gentlemen I purchased the chip from.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTF
Thanks. Where is the exhaust back pressure sensor and can it be cleaned or does it need replacing?

As far as the other items I was told the same thing by the gentlemen I purchased the chip from.
Looks like I found the answer to my question!

https://www.thedieselgarage.com/forum...ressure+Sensor
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I unplugged the EBP Sensor and no difference was noticed in the hesitation. Does unplugging the sensor essentially perform the same function as cleaning out the tube and then plugging the sensor back in or does unplugging the sensor pretty much duplicate the behavior with the sensor being plugged in with a dirty metal tube?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 11:42 PM

if it doesn't do it on cruise but on the throttle you might have a bad pedal assembly
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kainers
if it doesn't do it on cruise but on the throttle you might have a bad pedal assembly
That doesn't sound cheap! Any idea on pricing? Also, i'm taking it you're saying if it doesn't do it on cruise control but it does do it at non cruise control driving then it may be a bad pedal assembly? Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode