Tranny Warrenty - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by BigWhite250, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 462 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 03:21 AM Thread Starter
STROKIN' IT

Send a message via AIM to BigWhite250
Tranny Warrenty

First of all... i havent been able to get on here for months! and its great to be back!!! but my question is i had to put a new tranny in my truck back in oct and i got a new ford one with warrenty (didnt want to get another factory one but kinda had to at the time!) and i REALLY need a shift kit so that i dont burn the clutches out again and im afraid it will kill the 3 year warrenty on it.... anyone know if it will or not???

2000 F-250 cc Super Duty, TS Performance 6 pos, Exhaust, AFE intake, in dash tv/dvd/mp3, Memphis 12" sub in ported box, 20x10" Mazzi Hulks with 305-55-20 Toyo Open Country A/T's, APC projector headlights, Chrome wheel-to-wheel nerf bars...uhmm plenty of other B/S! :evil:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 04:10 AM
4cstr

As warranty touchy manufactures are getting, I would say the risk is there.

I would look into getting an upgraded valve body to help with shifts. You can't see it from the outside, and a trained eye would have to look at it to notice different springs in person.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 08:32 PM

Speaking for the transgo, there is a couple of holes drilled in the plate. The valve bodys cover them, so not seen after install. Transgo and tri springs are in the accumulator vb as well. A tech would have to take it apart to know aside from firmer shift quality. The vb may have new reg valves or not depends on who's. The springs from a shift kit are usually used in them or differant reg valves and stock springs. I resize bores and use all new parts when i make them.

Photo: VB or accumulator disassembled
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	accumulator.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	234.6 KB
ID:	8296  
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
STROKIN' IT
Threadstarter

thanks alot guys... i dont know what i need to do... but i really dont wanna burn another one! ive thought about gettin a programmer that changes the tranny also... think that would help any???

2000 F-250 cc Super Duty, TS Performance 6 pos, Exhaust, AFE intake, in dash tv/dvd/mp3, Memphis 12" sub in ported box, 20x10" Mazzi Hulks with 305-55-20 Toyo Open Country A/T's, APC projector headlights, Chrome wheel-to-wheel nerf bars...uhmm plenty of other B/S! :evil:
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 06:56 AM

How did the first transmission fail?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
STROKIN' IT
Threadstarter

well... i think it was because i was showin off on my 140 setting w/ my TS chip.... i did that one night and the next night i drove about 75 miles outta town and it wouldn't go into O/D and kept slippin between 3rd and OD... sometimes it would go in sometimes it wouldn't... took it in and come to find out the clutches were burnt out

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode