Caliper problem - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by imported_99powerstroke, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 531 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 03:40 AM Thread Starter

Caliper problem

When I was driving today and let off the gas I noticed it was stopping alot faster then normal, like a slight pulling back kinda feeling. Anyways get home and get out and smell the brakes burning.. walk around and the only one that smells is the back rear. It did this before and stopped after like the second time I stopped and got out and the same thing happened today. I asked around and someone mentioned ford's are known for this "sticking caliper" and he thought it was a recall. Anyone know of this or had this problem?

Thanks
David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 03:54 AM

Caliper slide pins - they need to be lubed - I think there's a TSB that states something about yearly. I don't know that it's a "recall" since it's a Service Bulletin that alerts Ford Techs to the need to perform this during routine maintenance.

I heard something about an upgrade kit, but when mine were done I took the mechanic the proper sized piece of round stock with a piece of emery paper glued around it. That and the proper lube and I've had no issues, so far.

prt

'99 F250 X-cab 2wd