Quadzilla Commander Fuel Pressure Module - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 6_Myles, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 725 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
I be Architect'n

Quadzilla Commander Fuel Pressure Module

Anybody have, or know anyone who has, run one of these. Not the Commander, but the fuel pressure kit. I think it would be handy for the low pressure side of the fuel system, especially w/ cold veggy oil. Here's the link:

http://www.quadzillapower.com/products/commander.html

2K3 EXCURSION 7.3L 4x4 EDDIE BAUER 107K miles as of 06-13-07
AFE Stage II / 4" MBRP exhaust / DP-Tuner F5 (Stock, 60hp Tow, 80hp Econo, 120hp race & High Idle) / Quadzilla Commander/ATS Housing
Running homebrewed BioDiesel and custom SVO kit for 70k miles.:Thumbup:
Misc. Mods: ZooDad/By-Pass Oil Filter/203* T-Stat/Coolant Filter/HPX/CCV Reroute/Tranny Filter/Foil Delete/Stereo Stuff/ITP Reg Return/Non-EBPV Pedistal and Exhaust Housing/Adjustable Waste Gate Controller/

"If you love your motorcycle, set it free. If it comes back to you it was probably a high-side."

I'LL TRY TO KEEP UP, BUT THE EXCURSION IS A BIG GIRL AND BIG GIRLS DON'T LIKE TO MOVE FAST.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 01:38 PM

I've got it on my truck. What would you like to know.

By the way I just got around to hooking up the ICP readout that the Fuel Pressure kit comes whith. It's cool to see how it differes between chip positions!

Eric
96 F-350 CC Dually My TDG Gallery
B codes, head studs, Comp 910 valve springs, stock turbo w/ 1.00 turbine housing
6.0 IC, NAPA 6637 air filter, AeroTurbine 4040XL, ITP Overboost Annihilator,
Quadzilla Commander, electric fuel system w/ regulated return
coolant filter, 203* thermostat
Dually Club Member #53

346.7HP, 852.1TQ 12/15/07 Greeley, CO w/ stage 1 injectors and Wildman tunes
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
I be Architect'n
Threadstarter

How hard is it to install, and what gets installed?
I wanted to confirm it does the low pressure side, and do you think it's worth it.

2K3 EXCURSION 7.3L 4x4 EDDIE BAUER 107K miles as of 06-13-07
AFE Stage II / 4" MBRP exhaust / DP-Tuner F5 (Stock, 60hp Tow, 80hp Econo, 120hp race & High Idle) / Quadzilla Commander/ATS Housing
Running homebrewed BioDiesel and custom SVO kit for 70k miles.:Thumbup:
Misc. Mods: ZooDad/By-Pass Oil Filter/203* T-Stat/Coolant Filter/HPX/CCV Reroute/Tranny Filter/Foil Delete/Stereo Stuff/ITP Reg Return/Non-EBPV Pedistal and Exhaust Housing/Adjustable Waste Gate Controller/

"If you love your motorcycle, set it free. If it comes back to you it was probably a high-side."

I'LL TRY TO KEEP UP, BUT THE EXCURSION IS A BIG GIRL AND BIG GIRLS DON'T LIKE TO MOVE FAST.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 03:30 PM

I put an entire fuel system on my truck and needed a guage to set the pressure regulator any way so that is why I bought it. A fuel pressure gauge is not totally necessary for every day use but it can make diagnosing problems quick.

Any way here is a pic of the pressure sender that you will have to install. It has 1/8" pipe thread and reads pressure from 0 to 100 psi.

The HPOP pressure reading or "ICP" is derrived from the ICP sensor on the truck. The instructions were really vauge on which wire to "TAP" into for this reading but I was able to find the correct one and it seems to work great.

Eric
B codes, head studs, Comp 910 valve springs, stock turbo w/ 1.00 turbine housing
Dually Club Member #53

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 04:01 AM
BDB

I bought that fuel pressure kit but haven't got around to installing it yet. But I agree the directions are kind of vague for some one who knows just enough to be dangerous! So what wire do you tap. Where would you mount the pressure sender if you don't have that fancy regulator? Oh BTW my truck is a early '99 (if it matters) stock except for the basics...exhaust, DP-Tuner, Tymar and the Commander is in already.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 02:15 PM

The SD trucks have a plug in the back of the fuel bowl that can be removed and an adapter such as this (bottom of the page) can be used to adapt to 1/8" pipe threads.

The high pressure oil psi will be read from the ICP sensor. I would have to do some checking on what color the wire is that needs to be "tapped" in to on a 99 but mine was Dark brown with a green trace.

Eric
Dually Club Member #53

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 11:54 PM
BDB

Oh cool...Thanks Looks like I have something to do now when it warms up. I'll see if my ICP wire is the same color. It is 8F right now and down to -12F. Cooooold. Or squeeze it into the garage.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode