Throttle Pedal Assembly??? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by NickTF, this thread has received 10 replies and been viewed 5864 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

Throttle Pedal Assembly???

I asked a previous question regarding hesitating of my truck on occassion and it was suggested the throttle pedal assembly is the culprit. Once again my truck runs like a top during acceleration, WOT, and cruise control; however, when a steady state speed is controlled via the pedal the truck hesitates on occasion. I've unplugged the EBP Sensor with no change in the truck's performance, although the annoying EBPV does not come on in the morning anymore which is fine with me.

Any ideas? If it is the throttle pedal assembly about how much do they run and how much of a pain are they to change?

Also, the truck sets no engine lights or anything like that during the hesitating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 12:27 AM

I replaCED MINE IN ABOUT 20min. I think it cost about 150 from ford. When ever mine would mess up I would have no thottle until i let off and got back on it again. while the thottle was messing up the check engine light would come on and set an idle valadation code ( i think )

Ross
Show-ME Smokers 2.6 modified street pulling truck "The Lone Stroke" My Videos
1996 f350, powerstroke, 4x4, 5-speed, 4.56 gears, Swamps 450/600 injectors, Swamps BFH turbo, Swamps Idm, Swamps tunes, BTS oil, SBC clutch, studs, springs, tubes, air to water intercooler, fuel system, factory rods!

Tow Rig
1997 f350, srw, reg cab, 4x4, 5 speed, 4.10 gears, 3in down pipe, straight pipe, mystery chip.

Becker Brothers Enterprises
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Oh no, maybe this isn't it then. Do you think it's injectors then or something along those lines? I'd think the truck would run bad all the time if that's the case. Maybe set a code too? Like I said, it doesn't set any codes when it starts hesitating.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 02:54 PM

What are you using to read codes?

Also the throttle pedal usually sets codes when going out, but not always. I've had 2 of them go out on me, and only one time did it set a code. When it is showing symptoms, they almost always appear at partial throttle. Over time it gets worse and worse. By being able to get rid of hesitation problems by turning on cruise control, you've pretty much narrowed it down to the accelerator pedal. UVC harness issues, CPS, etc would also show symptoms at other times.

Here is a link to the replacement for $120:
http://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?...PROD&ProdID=65
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket
What are you using to read codes?

Also the throttle pedal usually sets codes when going out, but not always. I've had 2 of them go out on me, and only one time did it set a code. When it is showing symptoms, they almost always appear at partial throttle. Over time it gets worse and worse. By being able to get rid of hesitation problems by turning on cruise control, you've pretty much narrowed it down to the accelerator pedal. UVC harness issues, CPS, etc would also show symptoms at other times.

Here is a link to the replacement for $120:
http://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?...PROD&ProdID=65
Not using anything to read codes per say, just looking for the service engine light which isn't coming on. Sounds to me like this is it. I've got a local guy who maybe able to get it cheaper, but if not i'll just get it from this link. Thanks a bunch guys!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTF
Not using anything to read codes per say, just looking for the service engine light which isn't coming on. Sounds to me like this is it. I've got a local guy who maybe able to get it cheaper, but if not i'll just get it from this link. Thanks a bunch guys!
Don't wait for the check engine light to come on when the pedal is dying. If it does throw a code, the check engine light only flashes for a split second. After that, you won't see it again.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket
Don't wait for the check engine light to come on when the pedal is dying. If it does throw a code, the check engine light only flashes for a split second. After that, you won't see it again.
Ok, i'm just going to go ahead and replace the assembly, it's gotta be it with the truck not doing it in cruise control and such. Thanks again for the help.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 11:57 PM
New Former Member

If im not mistaken ford has issued a recall on the pedal assembly to be replaced with an updated unit, I had mine replaced about a year ago free of charge and it wasn't even acting up.

2002 7.3L Stealth stage 1 pump, DP Tuner F5 with 80tow, 120race, and 140gobabygo, HP Crossover line, 91mm gillet turbo, bd shift kit, ATS 5star tourq converter for over kill and future plans, 4" downpipe to 5" exhaust to 6" stacks, and no mercy
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Well my local guy got it for me for $70 so i'm not too worried about it but thanks for the input!

Nick
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroker160
If im not mistaken ford has issued a recall on the pedal assembly to be replaced with an updated unit, I had mine replaced about a year ago free of charge and it wasn't even acting up.
That recall has expired, so any pedal assembly repairs must come out of your own wallet now. :splat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode