In need of help - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Torkmonstr, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 533 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

In need of help

I have a 2000 f-250 with a bad miss, I started loosing power and then developed a miss at anything above 1700 rpm under a load, feels like dropping a cylinder. I have no check engine lights or codes being thrown. Took it in to have checked out and was told #5 injector was bad, I installed a new one but no change. any time I put a accel hard it starts missing, sometimes at 1700rpm some at 2200rpm, if I ease into the throttle some times it will not cut out, other times it again feels like it's dropping a cylinder. when it does this I loose almost all power and it will not rev, If I let it idle down, it runs fine untill it gets a load on it again, and all the time no codes. I have already changed the fuel pump, filter, dropped the tank and checked the screens, check the regulator, all seem fine and changed nothing. Any help in a direction would be great. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 07:00 PM

2: to the garage :Thumbup:

I'm not the most knowledgeable on this stuff but it sounds like you are loosing fuel somehow. Could be low fuel pressure, low ICP, or injector signal/wiring. Also to rule out the acelerator position sensor you should try it with the cruise on and hit the accelerate button. See if it misses then.

Start by checking fuel pressure if you haven't already. I think there is a port on the back of the fuel filter housing you can test it at.
If that is good I would try to check the ICP (Injection Control Pressure). This can be checked by the dealership while test driving.

I am sure there will be more people on here shortly to better assist you but thats my thoughts.
GOOD LUCK!!

Eric
96 F-350 CC Dually My TDG Gallery
B codes, head studs, Comp 910 valve springs, stock turbo w/ 1.00 turbine housing
6.0 IC, NAPA 6637 air filter, AeroTurbine 4040XL, ITP Overboost Annihilator,
Quadzilla Commander, electric fuel system w/ regulated return
coolant filter, 203* thermostat
Dually Club Member #53

346.7HP, 852.1TQ 12/15/07 Greeley, CO w/ stage 1 injectors and Wildman tunes
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 11:38 PM

My '95 got a bad miss that would come and go. It was the UVC wiring to #4 injector burned up. replaced the VCG and wiring harness to solve the problem.

If yours comes and gos I lean towards wiring more than mechanics. :shrug:

'00 cc f 350 a few mods, and a bts tranny.

Wet concrete, Hot Asphalt And Life Wait for no one
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 10:46 AM

I would agree to check the UVC harness and the connectors on vc. Another area to look at is the IPR connector and wire. While looking at IPR check that the cheap nut did not back off. I have seen this a few times where it was a turn loose and under hard stepping on pedal the solenoid would slide backwards and you loose contact. I had my solenoid fall into vally when that cheap nut fell off. Truck ran bad for a week and then one day did not start. After 2 hours I spotted the IPR was missing the solenoid

Here is a pic of disembled IPR. Cheap nut on right falls off and the rest follows
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1037...34160182ODhagP

1996 F250 XLT 4X4 Auto Powerstroke,Tymar, Baby Swamps. Tony Wildman chip :evil:

1996 F350 XL 4X4 Auto, Powerstroke, Tymar,Dump truck

1997 F350 XL DRW 5 Speed, LUK, Tymar

2006 Jeep Liberty Diesel CDR

Several Mack trucks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode