Did some more work to the truck today.. - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by MYSHO1, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 583 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Did some more work to the truck today..

OK... i went after the gally plug at the back of the head today to find that it is DRY all around it, there is oil in the gally its self though, THe truck is running VERY ruff and just blowing thick white smoke, and dripping oil that is coming down inbetween the engine and the tranny...

Where should i go from here? Thanks!

~Aslo the truck WILL not start unless i plug it in
~runs very ruff
~no matter how far i push the pedal down it will only travel to a little over 1k
~ i dont know much about PSD's at all, but if it was a gas motor i would be sure a rod was coming out the block the way this thing sounds under any load.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 06:30 PM

you probably have a line or plug leaking down in the valley. powerwash all the oil out then dry it out. have some one start the truck up and watch to see if you can trace where it is comming from. It could be something all the way in the front of the engine running back and dripping down. sometimes its tuff to see with so much stuff packed in there.

Ross
Show-ME Smokers 2.6 modified street pulling truck "The Lone Stroke" My Videos
1996 f350, powerstroke, 4x4, 5-speed, 4.56 gears, Swamps 450/600 injectors, Swamps BFH turbo, Swamps Idm, Swamps tunes, BTS oil, SBC clutch, studs, springs, tubes, air to water intercooler, fuel system, factory rods!

Tow Rig
1997 f350, srw, reg cab, 4x4, 5 speed, 4.10 gears, 3in down pipe, straight pipe, mystery chip.

Becker Brothers Enterprises
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 12:08 AM

It may be a fuel leak, that mixing with years of crud in yhe valley looks like oil till it makes it to the ground. I'd pay attention to the area around the fuel filter bowl. If it's getting air or loseing pressure it would explain the poor running.

'00 cc f 350 a few mods, and a bts tranny.

Wet concrete, Hot Asphalt And Life Wait for no one

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode