ATS Torque converter / input shaft stuck - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Seventy468, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 1826 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

ATS Torque converter / input shaft stuck

Just bought a brand new Ats 5 star torque converter and placed it on the input shaft of the 4R100 and pushed and spun to get it sitting all the way down, and noticed it would not seat properly, so I pulled the TC back off and tried this a few more times, then the last time I tried the input shaft came out with it this time, and will not, I mean WILL NOT come out of the TC. Anyone ever had this problem or know of anyone that has. Or better yet, anyone have any ideas on how to get the input shaft back out? FYI the input shaft is also a new 300M hardened shaft. I have recently spent a lot of money on new parts and it now seems that its going to get much costlier. Any help is greatly appreciated. :shrug:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 12:18 AM
New Former Member

As long as no exsessive force was put on the tq while installing it into the trans I do not see how the input shaft could get stuck, the only way would be to take a big hammer and smash it in without lin:shrug: ing everything up or your parts are not mactching up for some reason, I would suggest if you can somehow remove the input shaft without damaging it and the tq, and looking at the splines to make sure they are clean and not messed up. Take the input shaft and count how many splines are sticking out, and look in the tq and count the grooves where the splines go and they should be the same, also if you can stick the input shaft down in th tq and with a light see if everthing is matching up and the input isin't to big or too small and if the splines match up with the tq, if so try to fit the input shaft into the tq with it off the trans gently without getting it stuck again to damaging expensive parts it should go in with little effort.:shrug:

2002 7.3L Stealth stage 1 pump, DP Tuner F5 with 80tow, 120race, and 140gobabygo, HP Crossover line, 91mm gillet turbo, bd shift kit, ATS 5star tourq converter for over kill and future plans, 4" downpipe to 5" exhaust to 6" stacks, and no mercy
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 01:15 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

thanks powerstroke we finally got it out, broke 2 tools in the process, and amazingly enough, both tc and input shaft look great? yea so we are still confused but thankful it came out without destruction. Thanks again. :thanks:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode