Help with mods - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by o37point3, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 516 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 12:52 AM Thread Starter

Help with mods

I'm new to the site and not tryin to start a pissin match about who's big oil is better. But what I am needing some help with is figuring out which setup to go with. I have a 2003 7.3 with those stupid PMR's so I know that 400 hp is the limit. The question is Stage 1 sticks with big oil or keep stock oil and go with stage 2's. My other question is how much power will big oil give. Has anyone dyno'd with stock oil and then big oil??? I know that big oil accomplishes the same effect so please no brand a is better than brand b. I would also like to stay under 400 hp so that the rods arent being stressed out all the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 01:00 AM

any 7.3 out there would benifit from a HPOS.The throttle response is better and power throughout the rpm's.There is a couple of members who are running HPOS on stock inj's and run about 350Hp or so.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 02:29 AM
FRANKEN STROKE

I up graded my truck to a 2003 HPOP, but Im also looking to change to big oil. I got injectors to help get over 400, they say u need it to go big! let me know what u find!!!!!!!!!!

96 F-250 4X4,DP Tunner, EZmod, up graded IDM, custom drive shafts, staight axle up grade, 5-speed,head studs, bps bypass, dual HPOP's, AFE Filter, aeromotive fuel system, tubes, springs, oringed, copper head gaskets, 5" stacks (all chrome), south-bend dd clutch, H2E big spinny thing, some hugh-jazz injectors, 3" body lift (had to fit the turbo in), homemade traction bars fromt and rear, blood sweat & lockers!!
Four different trucks had to die to make this one!!!!!!!!!!!Thats why we call him FRANKEN STROKE! Too much fuel, and not enough money

Sled pulling in NC,TENN,VA,and anywere else theyll let us!!!!!

P.S. Dont be afraid of the sawzall! It can fix anything!

[email protected]

DONATIONS EXCEPTED!!!!!!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 02:52 AM
KRP

I would go stage 2s, the gains with stage 1s over stock ADs isn't enough to justify the cost in my opinion. 20HP and 40FT/LBS on my truck. Stages 2s are capable of over 400HP, doesn't mean you have to go that far with them.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 02:59 AM
FRANKEN STROKE

I have a friend who wants to know what cc your stage 2s are and who made them! pms fine!

96 F-250 4X4,DP Tunner, EZmod, up graded IDM, custom drive shafts, staight axle up grade, 5-speed,head studs, bps bypass, dual HPOP's, AFE Filter, aeromotive fuel system, tubes, springs, oringed, copper head gaskets, 5" stacks (all chrome), south-bend dd clutch, H2E big spinny thing, some hugh-jazz injectors, 3" body lift (had to fit the turbo in), homemade traction bars fromt and rear, blood sweat & lockers!!
Four different trucks had to die to make this one!!!!!!!!!!!Thats why we call him FRANKEN STROKE! Too much fuel, and not enough money

Sled pulling in NC,TENN,VA,and anywere else theyll let us!!!!!

P.S. Dont be afraid of the sawzall! It can fix anything!

[email protected]

DONATIONS EXCEPTED!!!!!!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks for the replies. Please keep 'em coming.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

bump

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode