code reader for 95 psd - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by neeps jeeps, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 839 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

code reader for 95 psd

I just bought a 95 psd f-350 and I need to check for codes, I read somewhere that many of these have been reflashed and can use a obd2 code reader, if not what can i use?

I am considering having my chip reflashed with a performance file, should i get this done so i can use a later code reader?

i want to be able to do diagnostics and i have several other cables and programs for other vehicles, i just want to buy the better one now and not have to replace it when i do upgrades to the computers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 02:00 AM

So why you feel teh need to check the codes? Is the truck having problems? Instead of reflashing the computer w/ a performance file, have you thought about getting a chip w/ multiple settings?

As far as a code reader, I've never seen a "good" one that will read other vehicles as well.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 02:10 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

yes i have thought about that but i also have to reflash the 95 ecu to be able to use obd2 port (according to Jody at DP Tuners) and then i can add a chip or have him program the ecu for performance or add a chip.

the problem with my truck is in the other post i have and it has gotten worse today. the oil pressure gauge started going nuts, and it always runs rough, used to be intermittent:shrug:
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-17-2007, 11:56 PM

I have been told that all Powerstokes are OBD2
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyB
I have been told that all Powerstokes are OBD2
Not quite true. OBD2 compliant was for passenger cars by 1996. We have the obd2 port if it's under the dash. Some 94.5'/95 have under hood ports. Our PCM's can't be read by common OBD2 scanners like the free scan Autozone offers. The early PCM's are just a breed of their own.

Auto Enginuity readers will scan them. Super chips tuners with self tests also can scan them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode