How do you reach 400 horses? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by jackedupF350, this thread has received 60 replies and been viewed 3742 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 01:12 AM Thread Starter

How do you reach 400 horses?

I got a '00 F-250 SD PSD. It is a manual. I am wanting a reliable street truck but I am wanting to shut up the ricers around here. What can I do to reach around 400 horses without selling my left nut?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 01:25 AM
KRP

Some hybrid or stage 2 injectors should do it. You might get close with the stock injectors and enough propane or alky.
post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 02:05 AM

Fuel and air is all you need, but as the old adage goes, too much is never enough

Seriously, get in contact with somebody like beans diesel performance or the like they will set you up right with a nice set of injectors, hotrod turbo, and other supporting mods.

BTW 400 is pushing it with PMR's Check if you have them or not.
post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 02:11 AM

With no mods currently on your truck, you'll need:

- Intake
- Exhaust
- Gauges
- Clutch
- Turbo upgrade - either mod the stock turbo (ATS housing and 1.0 turbine housing), a van turbo, a TN drop in turbo, or if you want to spend a few extra bucks get a GTP38R.
- Regulated return fuel system.
- Chip tuned specifically for your mods.........

Now here is where you can choose the route you want to go:
- If you want to keep the stock injectors, then get a big oil setup (Terminator, Stealth, BTS, etc), and spray some NOS.
- Or go with some stage II's, and depending on your HPOP, you may or may not need big oil, but it will help.
post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 02:14 AM

: BTW, how are you liking your Rincon? I've got the same year and model, but so far with the winter we are having it's having to earn it's living plowing snow. Have yet to really open it up on a good piece of trail.
post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 02:56 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I've had my rincon since the beginning of december. Got to the first fuel change and my buddies were going riding that morning and I thought to myself, self...it won't hurt to put another ride on it before I change the oil. Bad idea. I was going down a hill, rear end locked up, started to come up off the ground and I panicked. I grabbed the front brakes and it flipped over on top of me. 4 ribs out of place, head contusion and bruises was all I got. The Rincon had 4100 bucks worth of damage to it. Just got it back last night. Thank god for insurance. I love it. I had it up to 63mph and it handled like a champ. Sure it doesn't have the power of some of the other 4x4s but it handles the best. Check out rinconriders.com. It is devoted solely to rincons and all the guys are top notch. I am apart of that and I go by fordguysmith on there if you ever head over that way, gimme a shout.
post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 03:00 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Well, I am trying to order an AEM Workhorse intake or just go with the Brute Force. Exhaust is either going to be a 4" or 5" straight pipe and my buddy is going to do it at his exhaust shop down the road. I believe my dad has a DD clutch in the garage that he had for his pulling truck that I believe will work. Guages are settin in the garage. I can't start my mods yet because the truck's in the body shop and I'm in high school. I can't start doing major mods til this time next year because I will have some money saved up, full time job, and be out of school. I have been thinking about going with the stage 1 injectors from bdp, dp tuner, and whatever else I can salvage out of my bank account. Is it better to build up the stock turbo or to buy an aftermarket one?

Also, what are PMRs? And how do I check to see if I have them or not?
post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 03:30 AM