Fuel Ports do they make a difference - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Franken-stroke, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 540 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
FRANKEN STROKE

Fuel Ports do they make a difference

I have a system that pumps in the rear ports under the turbo (the eighth inche ones) and comes out the same in the front. Is there any advantage to changing to the drain ports on the heads, instead of the small ones. If it is better were do I find the Fittings, or what type of threads are needed! THANKS!:shrug:

P.S. 5/8 line to the pump, 1/2 to the y, 2 1/4s to the heads, 2 1/4s to the regulator, 3/8s return. 55psi at idle boost regulated, NO FILTER OR PUMP ON THIS 96 ENGINE!!!!!!!! All on the frame.

96 F-250 4X4,DP Tunner, EZmod, up graded IDM, custom drive shafts, staight axle up grade, 5-speed,head studs, bps bypass, dual HPOP's, AFE Filter, aeromotive fuel system, tubes, springs, oringed, copper head gaskets, 5" stacks (all chrome), south-bend dd clutch, H2E big spinny thing, some hugh-jazz injectors, 3" body lift (had to fit the turbo in), homemade traction bars fromt and rear, blood sweat & lockers!!
Four different trucks had to die to make this one!!!!!!!!!!!Thats why we call him FRANKEN STROKE! Too much fuel, and not enough money

Sled pulling in NC,TENN,VA,and anywere else theyll let us!!!!!

P.S. Dont be afraid of the sawzall! It can fix anything!

[email protected]

DONATIONS EXCEPTED!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 03:42 AM

Garage
I am a pretty dang fast injector changer too... Probably harder to do on mine too...

I don't have any advice for ya, thought I would throw that in just for laughs. I was dealing with what a retarded dealership mechanic told me was an injector problem and was not. Did like six swaps on number 3 and two.

Alex C.

R.I.P. 2006 F-250 CC SB Fx4. w/ 500 RWHP *stolen 7/15/2010*

1990 F350 CCLB 4x4 -- 24V Cummins, 200hp DDP's, SuperB over S475-sx3, Cam and valvesprings, Spe-rite Convertor, Billet input.

www.JeffersonStateDiesel.com --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Jefferson

Singles Club # 182 - B.O.M.B Squad # 14 - American Club #23
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 01:01 PM

In my case with a 4" downpipe, I doubt I would have enough room for a fitting on the passenger side to come out the drain port. OBS may be different. I'm still finishing up my fuel system but I'm running 3/8 line throughout.

Tim

Early 99 Crew Cab Long Bed Lariat 4x4 7.3L PSD Primary Horse Hauling Rig
-Stage 1 160cc Single Shot Injectors - DP Tuner F5 - 60 Tow, 80 Econo, High Idle, Stock - NVK5 PCM thanks to DP Tuner
-Home Brew fuel system with Aeroquip socketless fittings, socketless hose, and Aeromotive Regulated Return
-4" Lift 285/75R16 E Nitto Dura Grapplers - 5" MKO Aluminized Exhaust w/6" Stainless Tip - Pair of Optima Red Tops - Napa 6637 Air Intake filter - Triple Gauge A-pillar Pod w/Autometer UltraLite:Trans, EGT, Boost - CCV Mod
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
FRANKEN STROKE
Threadstarter

thanks guys, I had to replace some bolts on mine because i had them in and out to many times. Just come to the next smokin and well have a change off just for fun.

96 F-250 4X4,DP Tunner, EZmod, up graded IDM, custom drive shafts, staight axle up grade, 5-speed,head studs, bps bypass, dual HPOP's, AFE Filter, aeromotive fuel system, tubes, springs, oringed, copper head gaskets, 5" stacks (all chrome), south-bend dd clutch, H2E big spinny thing, some hugh-jazz injectors, 3" body lift (had to fit the turbo in), homemade traction bars fromt and rear, blood sweat & lockers!!
Four different trucks had to die to make this one!!!!!!!!!!!Thats why we call him FRANKEN STROKE! Too much fuel, and not enough money

Sled pulling in NC,TENN,VA,and anywere else theyll let us!!!!!

P.S. Dont be afraid of the sawzall! It can fix anything!

[email protected]

DONATIONS EXCEPTED!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode