Van Turbo Rehash - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by FordMastertech, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 436 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Van Turbo Rehash

I have a 2003 7.3 van turbo that is laying around and would like to install it on my Excursion. I know you need a adapter for the down pipe to make the conversion and eliminate the EBPV but the question is where to get it and what is the differences in the adapters if any and the cost. I mainly use the X for towing and wonder if it is going to make any real differences in how it runs, fuel mileage and how it pulls the loads I tow. I am planing on using the stock compressor housing with a WW for surge/stall control to start with. I have the WW installed on the turbo that is on the X now and like the sound and how it performs and will just transfer it to the van turbo. Possibly down the road I will go with the ATS housing and reinstall the stock compressor wheel or may stay with the WW and add the ATS housing, your feelings on this. I have read the many older threads but would just like to rehash this mod with the guys that have done it and the results they found with more time and miles on the swap.
The other question is should I rebuild it as it is a higher mileage turbo but in very good shape. Where do I get the rebuild kit to do it besides EBay.
Future plans include BIG OIL and some DP tuning.
Thanks
FMT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 12:48 AM

Beans Diesel Performance.com Or look in the vendors section
Bean is a member here.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 02:55 AM

Bean replied to you on the "other" site...I'll copy & paste my reply...

I have the van turbo from Bean's which has the WW and stock housing. I can't get it to surge or stall no matter what, EGT's while towing are not any concern as long as you keep the RPM's in a respectable range, and I do not miss the EBPV one bit. All good stuff.

If I had that van turbo just sitting around on the bench waiting to go in I would have it rebuilt - for peace of mind if nothing else. If you are going to rebuild it yourself then Bean also has those kits.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode