new starter - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by imported_ryan, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 586 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

new starter

the starter on my truck seems to be going out. i was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on what brand of starter would be the best replacement? It still has the stock starter on it, and I may look into a starter that has more torque. Any suggestions with brands/prices would be greatly appreciated! thanks, ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 06:30 PM
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #77

I replaced my stock my stock unit with one from AutoZone. No problems for over two years. It also has a lifetime waranty.
Oh yea...Welcome to the Garage!

1999.5 PSD, 4x4, Auto trans, 6.0 Trans cooler, ZooDad Mod, ISSPRO Trans - boost - EGT gauges, Wicked Wheel, 5inch Stainless tip, 315 75 17 BFG AT's, ProComp 9000's at the corners, Fumatomo Valve, Pooned tank, DP Tuner F5 w/ 80 tow, 80 econo, 120 race and permagrin!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 07:07 PM

I get stock replacements from Car-Quest and they rock! Never had a problem
and i've got 2 years on mine as well. Moreover, i bought a powermaster starter and that P.O.S didn't even last 6 months!! Hope this helps.
fast_ashley
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 01:47 AM

Check out DB Electric, they sell new and re-built starters and also sell a High Torque starter for the powerstroke. I have one sitting in my garage waiting to install it. From what I hear, these starters crank the motor over like nothing. I'll get back to you tomorrow after I put it in.

2001 F-350 C/C LB, 4x4, Auto, DP-Tuner Chip, MBRP 4" exhaust, Homemade Intake, Banks BHA, TAG, Dieselsite BRV, 203 Stat, Tank Mods, Sonnax/Tri Shift Kit, DB Electric Starter, Redhead Steering Gear, 3.5" Lift, BFGs 315/75/16
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 04:01 AM

i put in a reman from napa, cranked over great no problems with it, im not sure how its doin now its down in kentucky

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode