Dome and cargo light - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by POWER STROKE 99, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 704 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71

Dome and cargo light

My dome light for the past few days will not go out for a long time, and just today the dome light came on while I was driving to work and went out once and then came back on.

Could this be the dome switch is faulty or a door switch, I really do not think it is the wiring becuase I have not popped a fuse yet?

Has anyone else ever had a problem like this that can give me some ideas? Where are the door switches that turn the lights on when you open the door?

I am leaning more toward the door because the ther day it stayed on for a while and I went through and check ed all of the doors and found that I had to slam one and it went out, but it did not work this time.

Thanks in advance. Gary

1999 F-350 7.3L CREW CAB DUALLY, LIVE TUNING BY DP TUNER, 180cc SINGLES, REGULATED RETURN FUEL SYSTEM, PRE-PUMP AND IN TANK FUEL SYSTEM AND OVER BOOST ANNIHILATOR BY ITP DIESEL, DR MINI PACKS TO LEVEL THE RIDE, 6" AUSSIE STACKS BY GRANDROCK, AFE STAGE II INTAKE, TURBO MODS BY HTT, 05 HEAD LIGHT CONVERSION WITH UPGRADE WIRING HARNESS BY DFUSER, 05 GRILL, 05 6 SPEED UPGRADE, SHORT THROW SHIFTER AND LUK CLUTCH BY MIDWEST TRANSMISSION , CCV MOD, LINE-X , QUAD POD FILLED WITH AUTO METER C2 GUAGES, CUSTOM SLED PULLING HITCH, COOLANT FILTER SETUP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 12:48 AM

The switches are in the door handle. Hold the handle open and hose the inside down with some WD40. A ford tech showed me this and it has worked every time.

'00 cc f 350 a few mods, and a bts tranny.

Wet concrete, Hot Asphalt And Life Wait for no one
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 03:20 AM

Had the same problem with the Door Ajar light staying on and the dome light as well. Sprayed the hell out of the latches with WD40. Door Ajar light went out and dome lights work normal now.

Tim

Early 99 Crew Cab Long Bed Lariat 4x4 7.3L PSD Primary Horse Hauling Rig
-Stage 1 160cc Single Shot Injectors - DP Tuner F5 - 60 Tow, 80 Econo, High Idle, Stock - NVK5 PCM thanks to DP Tuner
-Home Brew fuel system with Aeroquip socketless fittings, socketless hose, and Aeromotive Regulated Return
-4" Lift 285/75R16 E Nitto Dura Grapplers - 5" MKO Aluminized Exhaust w/6" Stainless Tip - Pair of Optima Red Tops - Napa 6637 Air Intake filter - Triple Gauge A-pillar Pod w/Autometer UltraLite:Trans, EGT, Boost - CCV Mod
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 03:26 AM Thread Starter
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
Threadstarter

:thanks: I will try this,

1999 F-350 7.3L CREW CAB DUALLY, LIVE TUNING BY DP TUNER, 180cc SINGLES, REGULATED RETURN FUEL SYSTEM, PRE-PUMP AND IN TANK FUEL SYSTEM AND OVER BOOST ANNIHILATOR BY ITP DIESEL, DR MINI PACKS TO LEVEL THE RIDE, 6" AUSSIE STACKS BY GRANDROCK, AFE STAGE II INTAKE, TURBO MODS BY HTT, 05 HEAD LIGHT CONVERSION WITH UPGRADE WIRING HARNESS BY DFUSER, 05 GRILL, 05 6 SPEED UPGRADE, SHORT THROW SHIFTER AND LUK CLUTCH BY MIDWEST TRANSMISSION , CCV MOD, LINE-X , QUAD POD FILLED WITH AUTO METER C2 GUAGES, CUSTOM SLED PULLING HITCH, COOLANT FILTER SETUP
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
Threadstarter

:thanks: It worked like a charm.............:Thumbup:

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 05:42 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndrorydr
Had the same problem with the Door Ajar light staying on and the dome light as well. Sprayed the hell out of the latches with WD40. Door Ajar light went out and dome lights work normal now.

Tim

Mine is doing that right now also, but has another interesting quirk along with it. My light stay on till I hit 15 MPH, goes off. Then when I slow down, as soon as I get below 15 it comes on again. I am gonna try drowning my truck in panther piss AKA WD40 and see if that does it.

Alex C.

R.I.P. 2006 F-250 CC SB Fx4. w/ 500 RWHP *stolen 7/15/2010*

1990 F350 CCLB 4x4 -- 24V Cummins, 200hp DDP's, SuperB over S475-sx3, Cam and valvesprings, Spe-rite Convertor, Billet input.

www.JeffersonStateDiesel.com --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Jefferson

Singles Club # 182 - B.O.M.B Squad # 14 - American Club #23

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode