Power Mirrors - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by AllOut0606, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 873 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 05:59 AM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia Member # 70

Send a message via AIM to AllOut0606
Power Mirrors

The power mirrors and reading lights will not work. i have checked fuses, bulbs, and replaced the mirrors. it has done nothing. Is there a hidden harness i should check? anything will help. thanks.

Also, i'm getting a boost gauge, can i put a "T" in the wastegate acuator line for this, or better ideas?

2000 F250 7.3L CC Lariat 4X4 SB;

Performance:TS Performance Tuner///K&N Intake///Custom 5" Straight Pipe///6.0 Intercooler///B&M Trans Cooler///Foil Delete///Zoodad///CCV.
Interior: Autometer Gauges: Pyro, Trans, and Boost///Alpine In-Dash DVD Player///Audiobahn Sound System///Cobra 29 CB.
Exterior: Pro Comp 4" Lift///36" Super Swampers///16" wheels///Dual Hadley Peterbilt Horns///Viair 380c Compressor///Two 3 gallon air tanks///20% Tint///Warn Standard Hubs.

-Marshall-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 06:44 AM

same headache

I'm also having the same problem. Did you figure out how to fix this?????:shrug:
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllOut0606
The power mirrors and reading lights will not work. i have checked fuses, bulbs, and replaced the mirrors. it has done nothing. Is there a hidden harness i should check? anything will help. thanks.

Also, i'm getting a boost gauge, can i put a "T" in the wastegate acuator line for this, or better ideas?
Have you checked the switch out... or checked to see if you were getting any power to the lights/mirrors.... kind of sounds like a switch to me for the mirrors.

Here is alink on how to take apart your mirrors... just for your info...

http://www.kwmuth.com/techsupport/pdfs/21000220.pdf

As far as the boost gauge... just buy like 3" of extra hose...hook that on to your Y pipe connection for the Map sensor and then install your T fitting then the Map sensor...that way if you ever sell your truck you can take it out....

good luck,
Steven

01 12.5" Icon, OUO Traction Blocks, Dynatrac Prosteer Balljoints, SpynTec Conversion, 40" Toyos, GTP38R, Isspro Guages, ORU Diff Covers, Hella 500s, AMP powerstep, Mini Me's, Heat Extractor Hood, custom paint, and BTS tranny!

New Truck Pics

Iraq War Heroes Tribute Page
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia Member # 70
Threadstarter

yea, i bought a new switch and it did nothing. but i suspect the previous owner did something to disable them and the reading lights inside the cab. the ones you can turn on right above you. i checked the bulbs and they are good.

Performance:TS Performance Tuner///K&N Intake///Custom 5" Straight Pipe///6.0 Intercooler///B&M Trans Cooler///Foil Delete///Zoodad///CCV.
Interior: Autometer Gauges: Pyro, Trans, and Boost///Alpine In-Dash DVD Player///Audiobahn Sound System///Cobra 29 CB.
Exterior: Pro Comp 4" Lift///36" Super Swampers///16" wheels///Dual Hadley Peterbilt Horns///Viair 380c Compressor///Two 3 gallon air tanks///20% Tint///Warn Standard Hubs.

-Marshall-
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 06:19 PM

I have to ask this... do you have any fuses under the hood. I know on mine there is a fuse panel under the steering wheel and one under the hood. Maybe something is toast in there? Otherwise I would pull the door panel off and check the power to the mirrors on the connection to the switch. Then pull the speaker out and check the connection to the mirror itself. I would try the drivers side first. If you don't have any power there...not sure what to do?

good luck,
Steven

01 12.5" Icon, OUO Traction Blocks, Dynatrac Prosteer Balljoints, SpynTec Conversion, 40" Toyos, GTP38R, Isspro Guages, ORU Diff Covers, Hella 500s, AMP powerstep, Mini Me's, Heat Extractor Hood, custom paint, and BTS tranny!

New Truck Pics

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 06:20 PM

One more question..... are they lighted mirrors? Did someone upgrade them from the older style?
thanks,
Steven

New Truck Pics

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia Member # 70
Threadstarter

here's my deal. when i got the truck, the passenger mirrors were broken and the drivers was cracked, so i bought new ones. i got them brand new. but the old ones had a piece of paper jammed in it so it would not move. i think he disabled the circuit so he would not accidentally move the mirrors. i do have fuses under the hood and i have checked those and the ones under the steering wheel. its mind boggling.

non lighted.

-Marshall-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode