Pcm Help - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by mikemonster, this thread has received 14 replies and been viewed 2110 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 01:06 AM Thread Starter

Pcm Help

Due to a problem with my Supertuner I managed to overwrite the programming in my PCM with the program from a friends PCM (long story ....... basically hit an error when programming friends truck tried to re-program mine back from stock to perf. the tuner didn't check vin and proceeded to load his 94 programming into my PCM, I'm working with Supertuners on this issue) HOWEVER, The dealer says they can't re-program my PCM to stock because they said they don't have access to the complete programming information from Ford to re-program a PCM only updates, so I'm looking for a replacement PCM.

I have a 97 F350 crew PSD/ E4OD FWD with a PCM F7TF-12A650-RC . I'm looking for information on whether or not other PCM's may be interchangeable with mine (having a bit of a hard time finding a replacement with the same part #)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 01:10 AM
4cstr

I would contact either Jody or Diane at DP-Tuner. They carry PCM's and have the cabability of reflashing PCM's. They might be able to give you a hand. Look in our vendor links for their homepage and phone number.

Oh..welcome to the garage.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 01:17 AM
soot junkie

I to would call DP Tuner. I got a PCM for a guy last week. Great guy to deal with.

01 F350 CC Dually, DP tuner, fuel system w/Aeromotive pump, 360cc Stage III Hybrids, Stealth Big Oil, H2 Hybrid, Head Studs, Hypermax rods, balanced rotating assembly, Comp Cams valve springs and push rods, ATS trans fixed by BTS, Best 1/4 [email protected] best 1/8 [email protected]
2000 F250 6sp, Dp Tuner
Early 99 F350 2wd daily driver Dp Tuner
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 07:30 AM

hmmm a dealer should be able to do that.
Maybe ask around just to get you back on the road.
In the mean time, definitely give Jody a call, he can send you a PCM and likely take yours as a core if it's still good.

I would also get him to burn you a chip, if you think the superchips is fun.... HOLD ON!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 01:37 PM
Supporting Vendor

Have you tried to start the truck. I would think it would work. If the trucks starts I can burn you up a chip if your interested in ditching that superchips for your PCM. Let me know what code your truck is, and your buddies to be sure.

Dave

D2 Hi-Performance
www.d2hiperformance.com
Proud to be a sponser of THE DIESEL GARAGE.COM!
(586) 709-2271
(586) 949-3234

Our rides
Dave P's Truck: 2002 CCSB 6.5" ProComp lift w/ 5100 Bilsteins, Crower Rods, Balanced rotating, coated rod and main bearings, ARP Head and Main studs, Fire Ringed, ported heads, machined and coated Mahle pistons, AFE stg II, Stealth pumps, BD's w/ 0.008 EH tips, D2HP Inconel exhaust valves, D2HP custom pushrods, Custom HX50 bolted to Hmax pedistal, Suncoast Comp trans, Detriot Electrac's front and rear, D2HP transfer case and 1 piece 4" Al driveshaft.

Dave D's Truck: 2002 ECLB Built Ford Tough Package 6" DR lift kit, Bilstein 5100's, 36x15.50R20 MTZ's on 20x10 114 Eagle's, Randy Ellis Bar w/4 8" Stainless ProComp 130W Lights, Custom tunes from DP Tuner, 05 Harley front end, D2HP transfer case and 1 piece Al driveshaft.

Becky P's ride: 2002 Limited Excursion, DVD, heated seats, TS and DP tunes, Edge Juice & Attitude, Dual exhaust, Bilstein stock replacments, AFE.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

So here's the longer story:

This past weekend I was going to let a friend see how his truck performed using my SuperChips 1705. I put my truck in "stock programming and then we plugged into his truck (mine is a 97 PSD his is a 94 PSD). Everthing was going fine we went through the prompts for programming w/o towing, no speed limit, the programmer saved his programming and began loading the "tuned program". It got to the end and listed and error (22?) and said to contact Superchips This is where it got bad..... we tried to check what program was in his truck but the tuner would not read his truck it just kept posting the error. His truck started so we thought his truck was fine. THEN, we took the tuner back to my 97 and when we plugged it in it went through the normal checks we then selected tuning and the programmer started installing "stock program". After this my truck would not start and no error was detected. We verified that his truck is in "stock mode" by putting the tuner back on his truck, running diagnostic & clearing any errors, then going into program mode and selecting program "Return to Stock" selected yes and it completed programming his truck to stock and his truck runs fine. Now when the Supertuner is plugged in to my truck it reads out "not original vehicle/program Error10) and doesn't start. I had it towed to the dealer and According to the local Ford dealer I've lost everything in my PCM and it needs to be replaced. Superchips is unable to help unless I send them my tuner and PCM. Dealer wanted $835 to replace the PCM. I originally thought the dealer would be able to reload the stock programing but this dealer say they can't (see first post) and the only fix is to install a new PCM.

Thanks for the info so far.....

Mike
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 04:53 PM
4cstr

For that price you could get a new PCM and a kick butt chip with some tunes in it.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 07:15 PM

I thought those things were VIN locked? Moreover, I'd tell the stealership to stick-it and contact Jody at DP-Tuner for a pcm or an F5 chip and you'll be light years ahead.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Well, I talked to the shop foreman and basically this particular dealership does not have the capability to completely restore the factory programming. I did tell them that I would source a PCM rather than buy a new one from them and they were fine with that and even waved their usual $140 diagnostic charge because " we really didn't help you", even though they did spend about 1 1/2hrs trying to upload updates hoping that those would help get the PCM re-programmed ..........

I've been trying all morning to contact DP-Tuner and only get voice mail:shrug:

I'll keep trying.............

Mike
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 11:53 AM
Supporting Vendor

mikemonster,

We had to go out of town on short notice yesterday. Pm me your number and I will have Jody call you.

Diane

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode