Dyno Results - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 02psd, this thread has received 11 replies and been viewed 1397 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

Dyno Results

Went to the dyno this morning to see where i was at. Ended up being pretty disappointed. It was a mustang dyno which i heard are a little tougher on the numbers but more accurate. The pulls were done with OD on and in 4th gear, my buddy with his dodge went before me and this worked well for him. The results:

Stock: 184 hp and 397 tq
80 Econo Tune: 248 hp and 584 tq
120 Race: 262 hp and 632 tq

Do these numbers seem right? Does DP rate the hp there chips provide at the wheels or flywheel only saw a 64 hp and 187 tq gain between stock and 80 econo, saw a 78 hp and 235 tq gain with the 120 race setting. My buddy with the 06 dodge had 424 hp and 880 tq. Not even close.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 09:46 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to gtspowerstroke
The first time you go dynos usually are pretty dissapointing. You get high hopes from the "advertized" numbers and stuff you hear on the boards and go get the air let out of your sails. As far as I know everyone rates their stuff at the wheels HP wise. However HP ratings on chip programs IMHO is bogus. They can range so much from truck to truck and they are usually more of a best case scenario so it makes it very missleading and has a lot to do with marketing. I mean you can have two placed with the same program that makes the same power but if one place advertizes it as a 80hp program and the other advertizes it at what he actually sees on average at around 60hp are you going to buy it from the guy claiming 60hp? No. Are you going to get any more power from the guy claiming the 80hp program? No. So to try to put their programs on an even keal with the other manufacturers they try to advertize like programs the same way as their competitors.

Your numbers may be a little low but not to far off what I think would be average. Especially for your other supporting mods. From my personal experience on Mustang dynos is they are VERY inconsistant. The numbers can change depending on how the operator sets it up as well from what I'm told so I would use your numbers as a base line against later dyno runs with other mods but not against other trucks that have run on other dynos.

'96 F-250 Extended Cab, GT'S injectors, GT'S intercooler install kit, custom turbo kit with a little HX40, Swamp's BIGEST oil.
466 on #2 only
739 with NČO

13.544 in 1/4 mi!

"If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." Henry Ford

Yeah I can keep up!:Thumbup:
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02psd
Went to the dyno this morning to see where i was at. Ended up being pretty disappointed. It was a mustang dyno which i heard are a little tougher on the numbers but more accurate. The pulls were done with OD on and in 4th gear, my buddy with his dodge went before me and this worked well for him. The results:

Stock: 184 hp and 397 tq
80 Econo Tune: 248 hp and 584 tq
120 Race: 262 hp and 632 tq

Do these numbers seem right? Does DP rate the hp there chips provide at the wheels or flywheel only saw a 64 hp and 187 tq gain between stock and 80 econo, saw a 78 hp and 235 tq gain with the 120 race setting. My buddy with the 06 dodge had 424 hp and 880 tq. Not even close.
Our motors are rated at 212Hp to the rear wheels stock. So your numbers seem a little low to me.

2001 F250 CC SB 4X4. Swamps 250/30% hybrids, Stealth Stage I, DP Tuner, 38R, JW Trans, ITP Regulated Return/Bowl Delete, , 4" Lift with 315/70/17
9.6 @70 1/8 mile stock injectors/PMR's
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 12:09 AM

The only ratings they have stock is crank rating. They typically do right around 200 at the wheels though. So considering he only did 184 stock I'd either say the dyno is just a mustang and not consistant as usual or for some reason his truck just runs a little lower on power than many. Taking that into consideration would put him around 280hp which is pretty much right on for his set up.

'96 F-250 Extended Cab, GT'S injectors, GT'S intercooler install kit, custom turbo kit with a little HX40, Swamp's BIGEST oil.
466 on #2 only
739 with NČO

13.544 in 1/4 mi!

"If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." Henry Ford

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 06:00 AM
Dieselis' Maximus

I know when i went to the Dyno there was a ton-O-Dodges, the dyno ran constant all day and i hit 307 HP TQ was estimated at around 700 cause something sensor on the dyno wasnt working right.

But all the dodges that had similar set ups ran really close.

"Why in hell can't the Army do it if
the Marines can. They are the same
kind of men; why can't they be like
Marines."
Gen. John J "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 06:16 AM

Mustang dynos suck.
Find a dynojet or superflow dyno.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoMotion
Mustang dynos suck.

ditto...

01 F-250 SC PSD,210k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, GTS Hybrid injectors, Studs, 910 Valve springs, Forged rods Water injection,Swamps tuned, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 100 axl tank, 4" Revtek lift, 37-14.50-17 TOYO MT's 469hp and 1068tq...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoMotion
Mustang dynos suck.
LMAO IT is true when i had the BB turbo it just flat did not like mustang dyno's.Put on the QSSB and it is the other way around.I think it has to do with load and the size of the turbo or some stuff.I don't care read on and you see why.

You will always see tons of dodges at dyno events.That is because they are dyno queens.Take em to the track of a pull and you will beat a slightly higher powered dodge every time.When I was at 399 or So I would spank 450HP dodges at the track and the pulls GARUNTEED Proven more than one occasion.Driver error or not I placed 1st among atleast 6-8 dodges at the pulls along with a dyno/drag race event.:Thumbup: :smoke :evil:
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 07:57 AM
Dieselis' Maximus

yah they do make HP quick. Ill take my Ford though, I like how Super Duties are set up and ride. the dodge i had before and all my buddys didnt ride as firm. we all had gasser dodges but 2 of em was the V-10 maybe the Diesel set up is different? i wasnt gonna find out though.

"Why in hell can't the Army do it if
the Marines can. They are the same
kind of men; why can't they be like
Marines."
Gen. John J "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driximus
I know when i went to the Dyno there was a ton-O-Dodges, the dyno ran constant all day and i hit 307 HP TQ was estimated at around 700 cause something sensor on the dyno wasnt working right.

But all the dodges that had similar set ups ran really close.

By inconsistant I meant you go there one time and everyone seems like they are making more than usual. The next time everyone is 20 hp down from usual. That always seems to be the case when BD has their dyno days with their mustang dyno. Once we went straight from the Mustang at BD to the dynojet at DDP and one truck would be 70hp different and the next one would be 20 hp different. The dynojet is alwyas consistant so that tells me the Mustang is all over the place.

466 on #2 only
739 with NČO

13.544 in 1/4 mi!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode