need help with IC removal... - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by mattymx, this thread has received 7 replies and been viewed 591 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia Member #73

need help with IC removal...

I am taking the IC off the EX to clean the inside and check it for leaks. I removed the top support and have the IC free, but the AC lines are keeping me from taking it out. I have never heard you need to take the radiator out, but do I? I am sure I am just missing something and any tips would be appreciated.. Thanks a lot guys..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 09:32 PM

You have to tip the rad back if you dont want to recharge the AC by unhooking the lines... When I did mine I needed to replace the AC condenser anyway so I just unbolted them and let her blow...

01 F-250 SC PSD,210k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, GTS Hybrid injectors, Studs, 910 Valve springs, Forged rods Water injection,Swamps tuned, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 100 axl tank, 4" Revtek lift, 37-14.50-17 TOYO MT's 469hp and 1068tq...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia Member #73
Threadstarter

I got it out... I did not remove the overflow and that was the problem... Thanks.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 12:35 AM
4cstr

When I took mine out I simply tilted...wiggled and coaxed it out. It took some effort but it got done.

How are you going to clean it out? I would like to clean my early 99 IC before I put it up for sale.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia Member #73
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cstr

How are you going to clean it out? I would like to clean my early 99 IC before I put it up for sale.

I am letting 1 gallon of rubbing alcohol soak inside it for a day. I have been moving the IC from side to side to get it through all sides of it. I just did the CCV mod and now I will have no more oil inside the IC...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 02:17 AM
4cstr

I understand the evaporative part of the rubbing alcohol...but when it dissolves the oil...will the evaporative properties remain? I've been also told about dumping a gallon of "simple green" in the IC...followed by a gallon of hot water. I just don't know how you would make sure the inside is completely dry before putting it back in.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 02:36 AM
TDG Mafia Member # 70

Send a message via AIM to AllOut0606
Quote:
I understand the evaporative part of the rubbing alcohol...but when it dissolves the oil...will the evaporative properties remain? I've been also told about dumping a gallon of "simple green" in the IC...followed by a gallon of hot water. I just don't know how you would make sure the inside is completely dry before putting it back in.
would it really matter if you didnt get all the moisture out at first? if you were that concerned with it, just put more rubbing alcohol in it, it makes water evaporate, like 4cstr said. or just throw it back it and let the engine heat get rid of it.

2000 F250 7.3L CC Lariat 4X4 SB;

Performance:TS Performance Tuner///K&N Intake///Custom 5" Straight Pipe///6.0 Intercooler///B&M Trans Cooler///Foil Delete///Zoodad///CCV.
Interior: Autometer Gauges: Pyro, Trans, and Boost///Alpine In-Dash DVD Player///Audiobahn Sound System///Cobra 29 CB.
Exterior: Pro Comp 4" Lift///36" Super Swampers///16" wheels///Dual Hadley Peterbilt Horns///Viair 380c Compressor///Two 3 gallon air tanks///20% Tint///Warn Standard Hubs.

-Marshall-
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 03:22 AM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia Member #73
Threadstarter

Quote:

Good point. I am not going to be able to install it for a few days. Work is going to take me away until Saturday. I am going to drain the alcohol tonight sit it on one end and let it drain more. Then before I install it this weekend I am going to blow compressed air inside it to help a little. I am no expert but I think this will let it dry out pretty much complete.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode