The Diesel Garage banner

Rough Idle When Warmed UP

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  camojeeper 
#1 ·
I have a 97 psd that idles rough,with no codes,oil's fresh, maybe 500 miles on fuel filter.

#2 ·
Weak fuel pump? UVC harness? How many miles on it?

#3 ·
Replaced the fuel pump 4k miles ago,it has 251k on it.

#4 ·
When you say "no codes" do you mean no cel light or NO Codes? How are you reading codes?

#5 ·
With a snap-on Scanner,injector buzz test past.

#6 ·
mine was doing the same thing and we ran all the tests on it and it passed all of them. so i wiggled all the wires in the valley and added a couple quarts of oil and now it runs great

#8 ·
yeah it can cause all king of problems. when you unscrew the oil filler cap does it smoke like a freight train?

#9 ·
huckleberry97 said:
I have a 97 psd that idles rough,with no codes,oil's fresh, maybe 500 miles on fuel filter.
IPR o rings would be the first place I would look ,,,Its a cheap test ....

IPR O-Ring Kit (for when IPR valve replacement is not required)
(Ford) F6TZ-9C977-AA
(International) 1825806C92

#11 ·
i dont think its rough enough to be -say a none working injector. some of my friends say its such a small lopping ? also is ipr injector pressure regulator?..hate to bother you guys with dumb questions but im new to diesels but i do love them so far and would love to learn even half of what most of you guys know!

#13 ·
yes ipr is inject psi reg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.