Guttless 97' Powerstroke in OZ - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by logger, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 379 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 07:27 AM Thread Starter

Guttless 97' Powerstroke in OZ

Hi Folks, I have a 97' F350 Powerstroke which I imported from the US 9 years ago and have now done 380,000km in it with the only major probs being the tranny. But in the last 6 mths it has been losing power to the point that it is really noticable. I have always done the regular sceduled services and looked after it. Everything seems normal, it uses very little oil, blows very little smoke dispite having a Edge evolution programer which has been set on tow for about 2 years, does not run hot and sounds great, I fitted a 99' intercooler to it with Edge programer as well. I also fitted a Banks brake, smartlock and Transcommand years ago. I recently fitted a ATS tranny with billet converter. But I think I lost about 20kph onthe hills and it just seems really dead. Hope you can help. Regards Logger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 07:40 AM

When is the last time the fuel and air filters have been changed? Next I'd check your fuel pressure under a hard pull and at idle. Do you ever get a check engine light, P01211 codes? I would check IPC pressure and duty cycle to see what kind of condition the HPOP is in. How much boost are you making, do you have any boost leaks?

Those are a few common things to look for, I'm sure I've missed a few but that will get you started.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 08:23 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to gtspowerstroke
Have the injectors ever been gone through? Could have a couple worn out or some scored P&Bs. Or some wasted o-rings. They don't usually last that long without some attention.

'96 F-250 Extended Cab, GT'S injectors, GT'S intercooler install kit, custom turbo kit with a little HX40, Swamp's BIGEST oil.
466 on #2 only
739 with NČO

13.544 in 1/4 mi!

"If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." Henry Ford

Yeah I can keep up!:Thumbup:
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 07:12 PM

My thoughts

Have you been losing boost? It's possible your uppipe gaskets or turbo are shot. Look for soot around the back of the turbo. You can also remove the intake pipe and look at the turbo fins. A boost gauge is around $40 US and would really help pinpoint that issue. Also, what about your EPBV? Still have it and is it stuck half closed?
Aaron SEIA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode