Transmission Rebuild Photo Stolen From TDG - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by RacerX, this thread has received 13 replies and been viewed 1444 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 06:34 AM Thread Starter

Transmission Rebuild Photo Stolen From TDG

They say imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

I was surprised to learn someone who claims to run a transmission shop was using one of the rebuild photos hosted here to sell their parts on E-Bay. They claim to have many years of experiance. But apparently have to use forums for repair advice---on transmissions. I recognized the e-mail address in the "about me" link. Someone who e-mailed many times posing as an owner asking for my help.

Since he put an "about me" link on e-bay, he wants everyone to know about him. So here you go: He either is a shop owner who doesn't want to get his own hands dirty training employees, or failed at repair and must sell his parts on e-bay because the locals know him too well. There are only a few million people living near Melville N. Y. in the NYC area. He evens sells a high performance E4OD transmission with "new" wear parts. WOW! Imagine that, replacing common wear parts while it's apart! That is High Performance! For a photo thief. Comes with a used converter and cooler too.
Someone asked about E-Bay on another board. How can they sell it so cheap? They take blown up cores and use whats left from several. Same with converters. Use illegal workers to "remanufacture it". "Upgrades installed" just leaves out it's used and may have 2-300,000 miles on it already. He sells an ordinary cheapy band, but uses a photo of a Redline in my hand, taken in my shop doing real work. I guess THE JOHN couldn't find another image to steal of a band. So he took the one here, already soaked in fluid, about to be installed from TDG E4OD Rebuild. So he could sell another fake, imply he sold the best and installed it.

Here's a link to TDG Photo Thief on Ebay laugh

Here's a link to the original full size photo: Hand is not included with this part It's also in the rebuild link in my sig.

The best thing for members to do is to support the vendors here and each other. Spread the word, and support members of this community who contribute to the information. That will keep the site running, save you from scams, and give you a place to go for real help.
I won't call "The John". He will just come up with another angle once he knows he's been caught. Instead "The John" will learn "About Me" can mean something he wasn't expecting. Everyone will find out more about him than he ever wanted them to. :Thumbup:
-
-
-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 07:22 AM

ROFL. Agreed, even if its a little more, support the people that help keep the garage going. At least you'll know you're getting quality stuff.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 12:56 PM
is here and there.

Thanked 1,110 Times in 665 Posts
The link to EBAY no longer works. Maybe he got the message already? :shrug:

Life changes, so roll with it, not against it.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 03:27 PM

I consider that more of stealing if he wanted to use a picture hell go take one. he owns a shop. Its people like him is why so many people get ripped of at shops. I went to a nation wide tranny shop becasue my shift solenoid went out and they want me to rebuild my tranny only had 60k on it. hopefully he got the message loud and clear
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 03:56 PM
4cstr

I fixed the link.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 05:28 PM

I would contact Ebay and try to do something about it.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 08:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFdieselman
I would contact Ebay and try to do something about it.

:iagree Ebay has always been pretty responsive when I've dealt with them. You may only get the satisfaction of having him banned from selling, but its better than nothing.

2002 F350XLT SRW 4x4 CrewCab 160k 2" Leveling Kit, Warn Premium Hubs, Prodigy TBC, Hankook DynaPro ATM's, '08 Diff Cover, Foil Delete, Edge Evolution II, Tymar Intake, 4" Turbo Back Diamond Eye Exhaust, DieselSite Coolant Filtration System & DieselSite Engine / Intercooler Boots!

Thanks to Dale @ Tymar Performance
and Bob @ DieselSite!

TDG Singles Club Member #73

Ridin' Dirty #64
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

The best thing to do is let it stay up. That way more people will find out. A reputable business wouldn't need to take others photo's or work. That work is free for all to use, but not to call or imply it's their own. Or twist into advertising as their Technical assistance.

It's one of the few times one of them can be caught. Spread the word. Any suggestions on the best way to do that are welcome.

-
-
-
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 11:40 AM

Unbelievable.
Makes you wonder what goes through people's heads sometimes.

Did you add your name to the photo after all this?
It's a good idea to protect your work.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 01:20 PM
4cstr

Truth be told guys...a lot of the fault probably rests with me. When Bill shipped me those pictures for the TDG writeup...I forgot to watermark them when I put them up.

Guess I now know what I need to start working on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode