what tools do i need to get? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by HotSauce2138, this thread has received 10 replies and been viewed 1565 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Hotsauce2138

Send a message via AIM to HotSauce2138 Send a message via MSN to HotSauce2138
what tools do i need to get?

ok guys when i do my trubo, injectors and pac brake what tools do i need, like to pull the injectors and everything?

thnx guys

SAM
Late 99 F-250 CC SWB Lariat 6 sp. 4x4 - the mods= Garrett GTP38R Turbo, DDP Stage 2 Single Shot Injectors. Shimmed Regulator, CCV Reroute and HX Hose from Dfuser, 4" turbo back straight pipe to GR 5" stack kit w/ 7"mitre cut stacks DPPPOWER.COM, AFE Stage 2 Intake w/ PG7, DP Tuner F5 Chip, 18K Mod Dfuser, SouthBend Clutch, Pro Pods quad a-pillar pod, Autometer Ultra-Lite Series Guages ( EGT, Boost 0-35, Trans Temp, Fuel Pressure and Engine oil temp.), Pro tech cab guard, WELD Sidewinders. Road Armor's!!! Custom Pro Tech toolbox/stack cover, , Sirius Sat. Radio, BD Exhaust Brake, 06 Towing Mirrors w/ LED blinkers and heated
:93C_peelo
My Gallery: http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.c...y.asp?id=18074
Singles Club Member #52
Can You Keep Up??
Because I'm trying to. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 07:00 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to gtspowerstroke
Just basic hand tools. A cordless impact makes the job go WAY faster getting all the valve cover bolts out and all. And you will need something to suck the oil out of the cylenders.

'96 F-250 Extended Cab, GT'S injectors, GT'S intercooler install kit, custom turbo kit with a little HX40, Swamp's BIGEST oil.
466 on #2 only
739 with NČO

13.544 in 1/4 mi!

"If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." Henry Ford

Yeah I can keep up!:Thumbup:
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 08:29 PM

Torque wrenches are a must.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 05:13 AM Thread Starter
Hotsauce2138
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to HotSauce2138 Send a message via MSN to HotSauce2138
i thought there was a special tool for pulling the injectors?

SAM
Late 99 F-250 CC SWB Lariat 6 sp. 4x4 - the mods= Garrett GTP38R Turbo, DDP Stage 2 Single Shot Injectors. Shimmed Regulator, CCV Reroute and HX Hose from Dfuser, 4" turbo back straight pipe to GR 5" stack kit w/ 7"mitre cut stacks DPPPOWER.COM, AFE Stage 2 Intake w/ PG7, DP Tuner F5 Chip, 18K Mod Dfuser, SouthBend Clutch, Pro Pods quad a-pillar pod, Autometer Ultra-Lite Series Guages ( EGT, Boost 0-35, Trans Temp, Fuel Pressure and Engine oil temp.), Pro tech cab guard, WELD Sidewinders. Road Armor's!!! Custom Pro Tech toolbox/stack cover, , Sirius Sat. Radio, BD Exhaust Brake, 06 Towing Mirrors w/ LED blinkers and heated
:93C_peelo
My Gallery: http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.c...y.asp?id=18074
Singles Club Member #52
Can You Keep Up??
Because I'm trying to. lol
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 06:25 PM

There is or a pry bar works, that is what I use

-Michael
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindViper
Torque wrenches are a must.
An In/lbs torque wrench to be exact.

A pry bar woks fine for removing them. There is a special tool but it's mainly just a block that goes under the back side of the hold down and a very long bolt that geos through the oil spout bolt hole and just pushes against the head. The installation tool would be more important and it just looks like a fork with two fingers, one that goes on either side of the injector and then it bolts to the valve cover bolt hole and as you tighten the bolt the injector pushes down. If you lube up the o-rings real good you can usually push them in by hand. DO NOT HIT THEM WITH A HAMMER!!!!! If you can't push them down all the way hook the hold down over the bolt that stays in the head and use it as a lever pushing down on the back side of it. You can use the handle of a hammer to push on it so you can put some weight behind it if you need to. Usualy you can at least get it far enough to get the bolt in and started and use it to suck the injector the rest of the way into the head. Beating the injector with a hammer is very hard on the solenoid and is strongly cautioned everywhere you read anything about installing injectors in a manual.

'96 F-250 Extended Cab, GT'S injectors, GT'S intercooler install kit, custom turbo kit with a little HX40, Swamp's BIGEST oil.
466 on #2 only
739 with NČO

13.544 in 1/4 mi!

"If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." Henry Ford

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 01:25 AM

I've always used a dead blow hammer on the solenoid and tapped them until they seated, then tightend the bolt and tap them a little more and recheck the bolt. This is how Dave at Swamps said to do it also

-Michael
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 02:19 AM

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselfever
I've always used a dead blow hammer on the solenoid and tapped them until they seated, then tightend the bolt and tap them a little more and recheck the bolt. This is how Dave at Swamps said to do it also

-Michael
I used a small dead blow too have use a small rubber mallet as well.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 07:50 AM

It really doesn't matter how many people have used a hammer to beat them in or who tells you to do so. It is strongly cautioned not to in any official Ford or IH manual because it can dammage the solenoid. Besides if you don't have to why chance it.

Stroker that is the tool. I think I only paid like $40 or $45 for mine from the Mac tool guy.

466 on #2 only
739 with NČO

13.544 in 1/4 mi!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode