Turbo play? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by NJStroker, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 699 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

Turbo play?

OK, so I had a turbo pedestal leak and decided to wrap that up today. I figure that while I was at it, I would step up to a wicked wheel because I have had a little surge. So, I get the turbo off and pull off the housing. When I do, I realize there is ALOT of play in the shaft. I'm talking almost a half inch side to side.

The thing is, I have had no problems with the turbo. No noises, perfect spool up, ect. My truck is a 7.3 with 100,000 miles. I just don't get it.

So my question is........ Do I go with a OEM rebuild with the wicked wheel, or something better. I am on a budget, and really don't want to go crazy. Does anybody have a suggestions for me? I can get a good rebuild for about $550. What to do? By the way, right now I'm running dual 4 inch exhaust, an AFE stage 2, and an Evolution 2. Thanks ahead guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 12:02 AM

If you intended to replace the wheel why not just add a shaft and bearings?
A half inch has got to be getting close to cutting the housings so some thing needs to be done.
If you order a cartrige you will still have to pull the wheel, if you order bearings you have to check clearance and be sure the inside is clean.

keydl

93 Dodge /CTD, IC, 518, club cab LE, BHAF, KDP fixed, kelderman air ride
81 Isuzu /C223na, 5spd
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 12:10 AM

If you can get one for that price I would exchange it an install the Wicked wheel on it that way you wont have any other unforseen expenses or problems and don't have to wory about getting everything back to spec.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 03:45 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodiesel
If you can get one for that price I would exchange it an install the Wicked wheel on it that way you wont have any other unforseen expenses or problems and don't have to wory about getting everything back to spec.
I can get an already rebuilt one with a banks wheel already installed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode