02 f350, got some codes , need help - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by joeseppy, this thread has received 7 replies and been viewed 1335 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

02 f350, got some codes , need help

hey everyone , new to the deisel world , got some codes out of my truck , need help figuring out what to do with them.sorry if i posted this in the wrong section.got a code p0541 intake air heater a ckt low,
p1211 icp press above/below desired.
p0603 internal ctrl module kam error, truck is stock 7.3 with an sct tunner and afe stage 2 inatke, mbrp exhaust going on today , hopefully!
truck also seems to not be getting up and going as good as it used to,now it's not cause i'm getting used to it. it is definatley loosing power. snap on scanner trouble shooter says one of these codes may be caused by hpop probem , not enough oil for fuel preasure requirments,if so how do i get it changed under warranty , i know there gonna say it meets stock requiremnts.

thanks for any help in advance
:smoke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 06:57 PM
FRANKEN STROKE

You can get the same codes just from running your truck to hard, if there is such a thing! but if your are worried just go to a shop have them hook it up, they can check your pump pressure out for you. But the p0541 is normal if you have an aftermarket intake.

96 F-250 4X4,DP Tunner, EZmod, up graded IDM, custom drive shafts, staight axle up grade, 5-speed,head studs, bps bypass, dual HPOP's, AFE Filter, aeromotive fuel system, tubes, springs, oringed, copper head gaskets, 5" stacks (all chrome), south-bend dd clutch, H2E big spinny thing, some hugh-jazz injectors, 3" body lift (had to fit the turbo in), homemade traction bars fromt and rear, blood sweat & lockers!!
Four different trucks had to die to make this one!!!!!!!!!!!Thats why we call him FRANKEN STROKE! Too much fuel, and not enough money

Sled pulling in NC,TENN,VA,and anywere else theyll let us!!!!!

P.S. Dont be afraid of the sawzall! It can fix anything!

[email protected]

DONATIONS EXCEPTED!!!!!!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 02:30 AM

:agreed: Also look and see if your air intake heater is unhooked, that will throw the code and is a common mod done to these trucks, AIH delete.

Air Intake heater element is located in the Y pipe and the wire goes to the tall solenoid next to the short solenoid that is your glow plug relay. If unhooked that code will always be present, otherwise test that solenoid or delete the heater.

Josh

2000 F350 PSD CC 4X4 AT LWB 3.73s 173,000AFE STAGE I, TN.BB, EIS 200CC HYBRIDS F5 DP TUNER 4" TURBO BACK, AEROTURBINE 4040XL, 5" STACKS, ISSPRO GAUGES,PRE AND POST TURBO PYRO, SCANGAUGE.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 02:45 AM

Make sure the AIT sensor is hooked up.

The internal KAM error is normal and it's from the chip, nothing to worry about and nothing you can do about it.

The 1211 code is the dreaded ICP code. This is common on trucks with chips as the stock high pressure oil pump can't keep up with what the chip asks for. It doesn't really hurt anything, but until you get big oil you'll loose a bit of HP on the top end. A switch to single shots or hybrids will help the 1211 code if you don't want to go big oil. Hook a scanner up to it and do a couple WOT runs to see what the ICP and duty cycle are, they'll help tell whether you have a bad HPOP or just the normal lack of oil w/chip.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 04:01 AM

The KAM error stands for Keep Alive Memory is occurs when the batteries are disconnected and is no big deal. All the codes you are seeing are no big deal. The P1211 code is from you HPOP not being able to supply the injectors with adequate oil supply. A common code with chiped trucks.

2002 Ford F350 Crewcab 4x4 7.3 PSD, powered by a 2004 5.9L Cummins

820 HP on 05/19/12
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

update (maybe)

got my 4 ich turbo back mbrp exhaust installed last night , took truck for a rip, truck ran awesome! tires were on fire,turck had not run all day though, beginning to wonder if it looses power when it gets hotter?i always let the temp guage come up before i drop the hammer but that can't be the same as dropping the hammer when the truck has been running for hours.does that make sense?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 06:33 PM

THE PO1211 COULD ALSO BE SET FROM LOW FUEL PRESSURE CHECK FUEL PRESSURE AT THE PUMP OR CAP (IF YOU SAY ITS LOOSING POWER) BUT OTHERWISE DONT WORRY BOUT THAT 1211 IR ANY OTHER 1 OF THEM THERE NOTHIN
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 01:45 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

how do you go about doing that?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode