trucks running real hot! - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by brietwyk, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 514 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 05:43 AM Thread Starter

trucks running real hot!

I just got home and notice my engine was alot hotter than normal, i wasnt racing it or anything just cruisin. I dont have gauges, im ordering them tomorrow. I havnt ever "felt" the heat when i walk by, checked my filter and its clean. When i had my last truck (gas v10) I was told that if you squeeze on the drivers side radiator hose its supposed to feel like a water rush when you release it, i dont know if thats what is supposed to happend with diesels im assuming a radiator is a radiator, bur tonight was the first night that i didnt feel anything.
maybe just change radiator fluid?
Anyone have any idea?

2001 F-250 4x4 Lariat 4-door.. 4" exhaust turbo "straight" back to a 5" tip , Airaid stage 1 intake, Superchip 1805 flashpaq, "Built" Tranny, 8" skyjacker, 38x15.50x20 Toyo Open Country M/T, 20x10 KMC XD diesels chrome, Autometer Ultralite II gauges, AIH delete plug,Billet Big Mouth Pioneer AVIC-D3 headunit, kicker rear and polk front door speakers, JL Audio 300/4 amp, 2 JL Audio 12" w1

JUST CAUSE ITS SMOKIN, DON'T MEAN ITS BROKEN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 05:58 AM

my dad '02 did the same thing the water pump was leaking he still hasn't fixed it yet that was about 6 months ago (and he wanted to trade trucks cause his has an auto and four doors+it is all stock even the oil{except the motor oil})but yeah look around the water pump and get some one to rev it up so you see it look for scale build-up on the block to

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode