Reoccuring problem at 35-45 mph - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by BillsFan, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 639 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Reoccuring problem at 35-45 mph

Most days you would think this thing just came off the showroom floor as good as it runs, but then there are days like this morning.

I was caught in traffic (all us nightshift guys going home) and instead of the usual 70 I was running 35-45 mph hovering between 1250 and 1500 rpms. At these speeds the truck sometimes 'pulses' like its running out of gas then getting gas or like you were gently feathering the gas pedal. When it does this the tach gently drops 250-500 rpms, then back up to operating rpms. If I put my foot in it she goes no problem! :Thumbup: If I let off the gas she coasts no problem. If I use the cruise control it doesn't seem to happen but then cruise at 35-45 sucks where I live due to the hills.

Somebody explain to me how this gas pedal works...could that be the culprit?

2002 F350XLT SRW 4x4 CrewCab 160k 2" Leveling Kit, Warn Premium Hubs, Prodigy TBC, Hankook DynaPro ATM's, '08 Diff Cover, Foil Delete, Edge Evolution II, Tymar Intake, 4" Turbo Back Diamond Eye Exhaust, DieselSite Coolant Filtration System & DieselSite Engine / Intercooler Boots!

Thanks to Dale @ Tymar Performance
and Bob @ DieselSite!

TDG Singles Club Member #73

Ridin' Dirty #64
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Slow 6.0

they are drive by wire so the gas pedal is electric, sounds like that could be ur problem

2006 F350 XLT 4x4
ARP Studs, Blocked EGR Cooler, MBRP 304SS Cool Duals, 03 Turbo, Coolant Filter Kit, PCM Flashed Back & Innovative Extreme Tunes - 13.3 @ 99
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 03:46 PM
TDG Member Since 2004?

Garage
Sounds like there may be a dead spot in the pedal sensor. Try knocking off the OD between 35-45 so the engine is operating in a different RPM range. The theory is that this will put the throttle in a slightly different spot hopefully eliminating the intermittant "stuttering". If this fixes it, it's likely the pedal assembly. I know certain years of trucks have known problems with the pedals but I can't remember which ones.

-Evan

2000 Ford F250, Merillion, 6sp, AIC, DPTuner, BB turbo, Adreneline pump, modified IDM.

1998 Mercedes E300, Custom injector nozzles, soon to have Eaton M90 supercharger, 7.5mm pump elements, Holset HX40 turbo and a full custom intake and exhaust system = 400HP from 3.0l
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
Thanks guys!

Any reccomendations/advice on replacement? Should just be unplug, unbolt, rebolt, replug right? Are the aftermarket replacements any better/worse than the stock Ford part?

2002 F350XLT SRW 4x4 CrewCab 160k 2" Leveling Kit, Warn Premium Hubs, Prodigy TBC, Hankook DynaPro ATM's, '08 Diff Cover, Foil Delete, Edge Evolution II, Tymar Intake, 4" Turbo Back Diamond Eye Exhaust, DieselSite Coolant Filtration System & DieselSite Engine / Intercooler Boots!

Thanks to Dale @ Tymar Performance
and Bob @ DieselSite!

TDG Singles Club Member #73

Ridin' Dirty #64
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 01:54 AM
TDG Member Since 2004?

Garage
It's a piece of cake to replace. You can just open the door, slide the seat back and lean under the dash while standing on the ground. There's a couple 2 or 3 10mm bolts holding it on. A 3/8 drive, 6" extension works perfect. In and out in under 5 min.

Try www.fullerfordparts.com

You might just want to call them. The parts locater is kind of akward so don't get fooled into ordering a TPS for a gas engine.

-Evan

2000 Ford F250, Merillion, 6sp, AIC, DPTuner, BB turbo, Adreneline pump, modified IDM.

1998 Mercedes E300, Custom injector nozzles, soon to have Eaton M90 supercharger, 7.5mm pump elements, Holset HX40 turbo and a full custom intake and exhaust system = 400HP from 3.0l

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode