The Diesel Garage banner

Hmmm....think the turbo is toast?

740 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  USAFdieselman 
#1 ·
I have noticed lately that my truck will smoke a bit more and the EGT's are a little higher than they used to be. Today on the way to work I stopped at the store, let it cool for a few minutes before going in like usual. Got back to the truck started it and headed to work, sounded funny and had no power. I looked at the boost gauge and noticed NO BOOST....not 1, not 2 but none. Goosed it a bit and still nothing. It still sounds like the turbo is spinning but but not like it usually does, sounds rough IMO.

I checked all the boots, they are tight. So now what???? Please help, it is my only vehicle with A/C and it's over 100*...and lloks to stay the same the rest of the week. Thanks TDG!!

#2 ·
Ok, I went out and checked for shaft play, maybe an 1/8" side to side, and thats kinda high. No in and out movement. Started it up again and powerbraked a little, built boost just fine. Now I'm really at a loss for words.

#3 ·
wast gate stuck:shrug:

#5 ·
I talked to a buddy of mine and he thinks the EBPV valve was stuck shut also. I may unplug it if it gives me more problems later. I guess we'll see how it runs when I leave work tonight.

#6 ·
you can unplug the ebpv?

#7 ·
Yes you can unplug the EBPV

#8 ·
I drove it home with absolutely no problems. Ran like a champ too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.