BTS and Banks transcommand?? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by laysonw, this thread has received 14 replies and been viewed 999 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-10-2007, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

BTS and Banks transcommand??

Guys, does anyone know if this can work together. I have had a tough time getting through to BTS.

Currently I have a banks transcommand on my truck and a BTS tranny is going in tomorrow. I do have the intstructions on how to take the transcommand out....but I would like to know if it works with the tranny?

Any ideas??

thanks,
Steven

01 12.5" Icon, OUO Traction Blocks, Dynatrac Prosteer Balljoints, SpynTec Conversion, 40" Toyos, GTP38R, Isspro Guages, ORU Diff Covers, Hella 500s, AMP powerstep, Mini Me's, Heat Extractor Hood, custom paint, and BTS tranny!

New Truck Pics

Iraq War Heroes Tribute Page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-10-2007, 06:07 PM

It will work, but I would remove it... It bumps the line pressure with electronics and will most likely make the tranny shift HARD, like banging gears hard... Remove it and give it to nicky

01 F-250 SC PSD,210k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, GTS Hybrid injectors, Studs, 910 Valve springs, Forged rods Water injection,Swamps tuned, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 100 axl tank, 4" Revtek lift, 37-14.50-17 TOYO MT's 469hp and 1068tq...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-10-2007, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

That is what I figured... but I had to ask.
thanks dude...

01 12.5" Icon, OUO Traction Blocks, Dynatrac Prosteer Balljoints, SpynTec Conversion, 40" Toyos, GTP38R, Isspro Guages, ORU Diff Covers, Hella 500s, AMP powerstep, Mini Me's, Heat Extractor Hood, custom paint, and BTS tranny!

New Truck Pics

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-10-2007, 06:21 PM

yah, I'd pull it. the shift kit in the tranny will do alot of that, and if you get your chip burnt for provision for the BTS you'll never need the trans command. I'd keep calling over to BTS, I've never had a hard time getting someone to answer the phone. . .870-422-3673

-Brad Desatnik
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-10-2007, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I have tried... plus I even emailed them and then I even got the email of one of there techs...but nothing...

popular guys... :bow:

New Truck Pics

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 01:40 AM

Already has you money no need to call back.
:sofa
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 02:01 AM

Sorry, I guess i don't know how to use the posting functions here. . .see my post below.

-Brad Desatnik
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 02:09 AM

could be some truth there. . .he runs a business, he stays busy and I'm sure it's hard to keep up with paying customers. . .so i'm sure someone whose just asking for advice on something they were too cheap to buy from him would be on the back burner if he's really busy. . .i mean he did have to place an order for an H2E kit for me today. :

By the way, what's your beef w/Brian, did he do you wrong at some point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindViper
Maybe he uses the cheap older outdated seals and knows they leak a lot.:sofa
And why are you always hiding when you fling your random statements?

If your joking, it's in bad taste and many here do not find humor in it. Making slanderous comments toward a quality vendor is not funny unless you are good friends and he posts on the site to counter your witty banter. If Brian has done you wrong, why don't you get it off your chest. He has many satisfied customers and has treated myself and everyone else that I have talked to extremely well. During my build they answered many of my questions even when i wasn't buying something from him.

-Brad Desatnik
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 03:55 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick76cj5
could be some truth there. . .he runs a business, he stays busy and I'm sure it's hard to keep up with paying customers. . .so i'm sure someone whose just asking for advice on something they were too cheap to buy from him would be on the back burner if he's really busy. . .i mean he did have to place an order for an H2E kit for me today. :

If your joking, it's in bad taste and many here do not find humor in it. Making slanderous comments toward a quality vendor is not funny unless you are good friends and he posts on the site to counter your witty banter. If Brian has done you wrong, why don't you get it off your chest. He has many satisfied customers and has treated myself and everyone else that I have talked to extremely well. During my build they answered many of my questions even when i wasn't buying something from him.

Dude.... all I am doing is just saying that it is tough to get ahold of them. They are busy guys.

Not too sure what you mean by "too cheap to buy from him" :shrug:

well thanks for the responses guys. I will be pulling it tomorrow...

thanks,
Steven

New Truck Pics

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick76cj5

I was kinda wondering if your an ad man or something or just a blow hard? Your so busy blowing your horn you missed laysonw has bought a BTS and disrespected him and called him cheap.
If you knew so much you would know that you bought a BTS tranny with bts specified programming and converter if you got one in AR. If you change that, you may not have a warranty depending on how much damage you did, and Brian's discrection. You don't want to find that out the hard way. Your right he does run a business so,
If you pump gasoline in your tank, who would you expect to pay for any damage to a new diesel engine?
I see your point about Vipers post, but is your group and it's attitude the problem?
These childish walk on water BTS claims are low I. Q. I think the beef is the silly cheerleading without end. Brian doesn't make the claims at all. I'm sure he wouldn't want anyone insulting his customer who also claims to be a booster? Many also don't like the buy this $4K tranny answer either when they just want some help to fix a problem or answer to a ?. I will boldly say so.

The thread already has the buyer not being able to get some CS on his buy so I'll help a BTS customer very late at nite. I'd say he is worried about doing damage and he is 100% correct to be concerned. Throw the transcommand in the trash, just run the bts. It will bind your shifts if you add to much pressure. If nicky wants it give it to him. CSI gear 2 chief. It's one reason so many need transmissions, you add things not knowing what they do. The ad makes it sound super. The first thing you see a new member say is I'm getting "blank" a few months later it's I need a tranny. Make the connection. I hope it saves BTS and laysonw unneeded grief. I have explained it in detail to some, and been told you were right.

We have real how to transmission work online here. Not just talk about what you saw. The whole deal is disassembly, cleaning, subassembly rebuild, than reassembly. You saw reassembly of pre-rebuilt parts. Thats fine, glad you enjoyed it. Won't complain if someone asks for that in a post or wants to buy it. That's America.

Anytime you want to talk transmission internals or get some cuts on your own hands---GAME ON RIGHT HERE. NO RANDOM STATEMENT. Ask some others in your group. Viper built his own with my kit and phone help as much as he needed. He and I built it in the USA and it holds stage 3 injectors all day and does so because he did the setup exactly correct, and bought the whole package. And this was his first rebuild! That's much closer to walking on water, then Rah Rah Bubba. Make room or be Bulldozed your choice. I CAN is better than I saw something I don't even know the name of.
Good luck "belonging" laysonw and Sincere good luck with your buy:Thumbup:
-
-
-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode