trans guage? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by pitjeep, this thread has received 21 replies and been viewed 1439 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

trans guage?

went to hook up the pyro & tranny guage yesterday & there isnt a port for the trans guage that i can find.do i need some sort of manifold to tie into the trans lines?the pyro install went good,used the auto meter c2 guages.had these sitting around for a few months cause i was dreading drilling & tapping the manifold but it was a peice of cake wish i had done it sooner.if anyone has a pic of the trans port or the manifold set up please post.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 04:31 PM

pitjeep the pressure port is on the drivers side of the trans right above the pan. You should of got a sending unit with the gauge put it in the port.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

You want the TFT sensor in the COOLER OUT line leading from the trans to the ATF cooler for the most accurate readings of trans operating temps.

You can also get a kit to install a port in the pan and screw it in the get sump temp, but that is generally somewhat cooler than actual operating temp.

'93 F-250 HD, 7.3L IDI, 5spd - FARM TRUCK
I Support: Trailer brakes an every axle over the towing vehicle's GVW; CDLs for RVers; Safety inspections for ALL vehicles and 6 axle trucks (97K GVW proposal).

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote - Benjamin Franklin

I vote for LIBERTY!
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

i see a place on drivers side just in front of shifter linkage. it has a taperd looking (plug?)in it with some white stuff in the center.i thought i should be looking for a threaded hole for the sensor or is it where i described above .if so how do you get the tapred looking thinggy out.when i ran the tranny # at the dealer they said it was a rebuilt trans.

thanks
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

There is NO PLACE on a stock or re-built transmission for you to install a ATF temp sender.

You MUST make a place, either in the outlet line - with a new fitting, or in the pan.

I Support: Trailer brakes an every axle over the towing vehicle's GVW; CDLs for RVers; Safety inspections for ALL vehicles and 6 axle trucks (97K GVW proposal).

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote - Benjamin Franklin

I vote for LIBERTY!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

are there fittings to put it in the outlet line, a t maybe? which one is the outlet line?

thanks
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, you need some type of "T" to make this work.

Many of TDG's supporting vendors offer these parts, and can give you specific installation advice.

I vote for LIBERTY!
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 08:23 PM
Supporting Vendor

While I know it's nowhere near optimum, many people (myself included) use the pressure port which is just above and ahead of the linkage on the driver's side. I know it does not respond very quickly, like when building boost while stalling the torque converter, but it does show gradual changes (like climbing a long hill) just fine.

When I get some "spare" time, I plan to add a T fitting to the cooler line, and monitor both locations. When I do I'll post the results on this forum.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

ISSPRO Engineering Manager

1995 F350 PSD Crew Cab Dually, 271k miles
10 ISSPRO Prototype Performax™ gauges in Pillar & Overhead pods & sitting on dash, Tymar Intake, Gutted EBPV, Tymar 3x4" downpipe, Tymar 5" exhaust, Cat's hiding in the shed, Baby Swamps, Swamps tunes, Tricumulator springs and Accumulator Valve, Tru-Cool 4590 Trans Cooler, Lock-Right Locker
1998 S&S 9.5' slide-in camper
32' enclosed tag trailer with 2 drag cars (73 Vega Super-Gas & 74 Vega ET Super-Pro)
1992 GMC Typhoon, 1973 Chevy Blazer with Pontiac 400, 1973 Trans-Am 455
2000 VW Jetta TDI - Kerma tune, Der Chimera Stage II Clutch
NRA member and certified firearms instructor, GOA Life member, IDPA member
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 08:33 PM

Install your temp probe in the pressure port. IT is the place to install the probe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trans temp port.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	11622  

01 F-250 SC PSD,210k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, GTS Hybrid injectors, Studs, 910 Valve springs, Forged rods Water injection,Swamps tuned, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 100 axl tank, 4" Revtek lift, 37-14.50-17 TOYO MT's 469hp and 1068tq...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

found it just like your pic i was looking for something bigger thanks a million.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode