TC Lockup question - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by tommy vestrat, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 470 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

TC Lockup question

does anyone know anything about the DFuser tc lockup module? is this hard on older trannys ? sounds like something i need but i'd like some in put, and by the way please don't do like you did on my last post and no one reply!
tommy

1996 F 250 extended cab,4x4,7.3l auto trans,power adder cone filter, 3.5 inch straight exhaust, DFuser 18k mod.and veggie powered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy vestrat
does anyone know anything about the DFuser tc lockup module? is this hard on older trannys ? sounds like something i need but i'd like some in put, and by the way please don't do like you did on my last post and no one reply!
tommy
Tom, why do you think you need one?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

well racer, it seems that when my tc locks up thats when i really start going places, and i was thinking if i could achieve lockup earlier it wouldn't seem to hang in gear so long and feel like i'm going nowhere.

1996 F 250 extended cab,4x4,7.3l auto trans,power adder cone filter, 3.5 inch straight exhaust, DFuser 18k mod.and veggie powered.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy vestrat
well racer, it seems that when my tc locks up thats when i really start going places, and i was thinking if i could achieve lockup earlier it wouldn't seem to hang in gear so long and feel like i'm going nowhere.
When it locks at the right speed and ratio, you gain speed and lower rpm.
Lower? yes, because the engine is more efficent and turns less rpm to make the same power.
You only notice that at a steady speed, more throttle will hide it. If it locks at too low a speed, the engine will lug.
I can't say how well d fusers works. My best advice is an e4od clutch lining is made for on/off engagements. Make sure it works with on/off and your TCC is healthy B4 installing.
-
-
-
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 08:09 PM

I looked them over on the website and it sounds like you would need the more expensive one to do what you are wanting to do. I think you will manually have to flip a switch every time to have the TC lock up. That is what I got from the brief description they have on the site.
Call, email or pm Bill for better info. His user name on here is Dfuser.

You might also want to look into the SP Diesel TC lockup controller. I have been told that it is pretty sweet.

Eric
96 F-350 CC Dually My TDG Gallery
B codes, head studs, Comp 910 valve springs, stock turbo w/ 1.00 turbine housing
6.0 IC, NAPA 6637 air filter, AeroTurbine 4040XL, ITP Overboost Annihilator,
Quadzilla Commander, electric fuel system w/ regulated return
coolant filter, 203* thermostat
Dually Club Member #53

346.7HP, 852.1TQ 12/15/07 Greeley, CO w/ stage 1 injectors and Wildman tunes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode