Touque converter lockup switch - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by TurboTPI, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 1143 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Touque converter lockup switch

Has anyone ever put in a switch to stop the ecm from locking the converter? I am thinking about doing it. I just want to keep the lockup off around town. i hate when it locks when im going like 35-40mph. Im going to look up the wiring diragram and see if i could just put a switch in the lockup wire going to the trans.

92 Firebird Formula 350-Custom turbo setup, 570rwhp, [email protected](daily driver when its nice out)
97 F-250, 4wd, CC, SB, aFe 4in Turbo Back, diy Tymar intake, Edge Evo, CCV Mod, FPR Mod, 1.0 housing, 7.3 SD Cooler
93 Jeep Wrangler 4.0-Up 7in on 36in SS TSL's
09 Polaris Dragon 800SP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 03:37 AM

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 03:40 AM

Those are to lock it...Dont know why you would want to keep it unlocked, build more heat, wear out quicker, burn more fuel...

The SP Diesel kit allows you to set the speed the TC locks and unlocks to what ever you want.

01 F-250 SC PSD,210k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, GTS Hybrid injectors, Studs, 910 Valve springs, Forged rods Water injection,Swamps tuned, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 100 axl tank, 4" Revtek lift, 37-14.50-17 TOYO MT's 469hp and 1068tq...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 03:50 AM
SLAPS Treasurer

Not sure why you would want to keep it unlocked but it can be done. Find out which wire is the lockup wire and route it through the cab with a switch inline. The tq convertor locks up when the wire going to it goes to ground, if you put a switch inline and turn it off it will not lockup. I have a switch in my cab that when the switch is turned on it goes to ground and locks the convertor.

Chris

97 F-350 cc srw 4X4,White,Cab hi Leer,4.10's,Hypermax H2E turbo,BDP stage 1 injectors and fuel system,BTS tranny and dual HPOP,Banks intercooler,4-pos. chip programmed by Tony Wildman,Joe Servo idm,Tymar intake and hx mod,missing kitty,4" exhaust before rear wheel,Skyjacker 4" system,35" BFG's w/Weld wheels,Amsoil dual bypass filterw/Amsoil syn. oil and diff. lube.

SLAPS treasurer
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
I want to unlock it cause when it locks its kinda jerks and then when you let off to coast then get back on it a little it jerks agian. Its just really anoying when trying to cruise around town at a steady 35-40mph. I already found the wire and i love how it is with out lockup. Smoother and the turbo spools way faster, cause its actually reving alittle. Before anytime i went wide open throttle, it locks the converter instantly. I just didnt like how it was.

92 Firebird Formula 350-Custom turbo setup, 570rwhp, [email protected](daily driver when its nice out)
97 F-250, 4wd, CC, SB, aFe 4in Turbo Back, diy Tymar intake, Edge Evo, CCV Mod, FPR Mod, 1.0 housing, 7.3 SD Cooler
93 Jeep Wrangler 4.0-Up 7in on 36in SS TSL's
09 Polaris Dragon 800SP
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 07:48 AM

Possibly a warped cover, or damper is the shutter you feel.
-
-
-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode