sick of oil leaks - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Kip, this thread has received 10 replies and been viewed 998 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Kip
In the passing lane

sick of oil leaks

I've been fixing oil leaks on my truck for about a month now, and its leaking again.

I talk to a buddie that work at a ford dealership and he said there is a bolt and o-ring on one of the head not sure which one has anybody heard of this, or know where it is?

2005 2500HD DIRTYMAX 6in lift, dual exhaust, afe airbox. Tuner soon to come

2001 PSD shortbed crewcab, ATS tranny edge juice w/attitude, Superchips programmer, Gauges, exhaust, 4inch lift w/35s, (SOLD)

Originally Posted by sledneck57
Your sweating like a queer holding a hot dog.lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 06:21 PM
TDG Mafia Member # 37

Do you have oil accumulating in the valley? If you do there is a good chance it could be the HPOP o-rings starting to leak or the high pressure oil lines. They have o-rings. There are also some plugs on the heads that can leak, these are located on the head just below the fuel rails, or just above the valley area. Is it actually oil or could it be fuel? I had a leak that I thought was oil a couple years back and it ended up being fuel instead. The fuel line going into the back of the passenger head was slightly leaking. Hope this helps ya some, Gene :mafia

2001 F-250 XLT, cc sb 4X4, 3.73 LS,auto, Ported ATS shroud housing 1.00 exhaust housing Banks wicked wheel adjustable wastegated turbo,Non Ebpv pedestal and gutted Ebpv, DI Performance regulated fuel return kit, Dieselsites' 203* thermostat and billet housing, MBRP 4" ss turbo back exhaust system, AFE Stage 1 air intake, Jody Tiptons' F5 chip with no start,stock, 60hp tow,and 120hp race tune for now til I get big oil and injectors. Sonnax kit, Dieselsites' A/C heater core bypass valve, Autometer Boost, Pyro, and Trans temp guages in A pillar, Regulator in MAP line set at 20psi, boost tube, wastgate adjusted real tight, Aih delete, and Zoodad'ed. Amsoil fluids, Monroe Reflex shocks, and Ironman APR 265/75/16R tires.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Kip
In the passing lane
Threadstarter

there was some oil in the valley, I have already the hpop o-rings, and the bolts in the valley with o-rings have been changed, so have the turbo o-rings

2001 PSD shortbed crewcab, ATS tranny edge juice w/attitude, Superchips programmer, Gauges, exhaust, 4inch lift w/35s, (SOLD)

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 07:00 PM
TDG Mafia Member # 37

Is it possibly coming from the high pressure oil line cross over? You did not mention that. Have you smelled it to make sure it's oil? You say you had some oil in the valley, but is it still accumulating after replacing all that you mentioned? Gene :mafia

2001 F-250 XLT, cc sb 4X4, 3.73 LS,auto, Ported ATS shroud housing 1.00 exhaust housing Banks wicked wheel adjustable wastegated turbo,Non Ebpv pedestal and gutted Ebpv, DI Performance regulated fuel return kit, Dieselsites' 203* thermostat and billet housing, MBRP 4" ss turbo back exhaust system, AFE Stage 1 air intake, Jody Tiptons' F5 chip with no start,stock, 60hp tow,and 120hp race tune for now til I get big oil and injectors. Sonnax kit, Dieselsites' A/C heater core bypass valve, Autometer Boost, Pyro, and Trans temp guages in A pillar, Regulator in MAP line set at 20psi, boost tube, wastgate adjusted real tight, Aih delete, and Zoodad'ed. Amsoil fluids, Monroe Reflex shocks, and Ironman APR 265/75/16R tires.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Kip
In the passing lane
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01blkf250
Is it possibly coming from the high pressure oil line cross over? You did not mention that. Have you smelled it to make sure it's oil? You say you had some oil in the valley, but is it still accumulating after replacing all that you mentioned? Gene :mafia
I cleaned it up the best I could and its been a couple weeks,still leaking.
I forgot to say that it only drips when the truck is shut off to.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 08:18 PM

Have you checked the EBPV on the turbo pedistal. I had a leak there, if that's it you might as well remove it.

Doug
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Kip
In the passing lane
Threadstarter

we changed the o-rings on the pedestal, what is the EBPV for sure?

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 08:36 PM
TDG Mafia Member # 37

When you say it is still dripping is it only in the valley area or is it coming down the back of the block onto the ground? If down the back of the block you really need to make sure what it is oil or fuel. The plug in the back of the fuel rail can leak when not running as the fuel flows to the front of the passenger side head when running and is pretty much used up and what doesn't get used goes back to the tank, but when shut down it can leak out the plug. You have not said if it's oil or fuel for sure unless I missed something. Gene :mafia

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Kip
In the passing lane
Threadstarter

I thought it was oil but I will have to double check, its for sure not in the valley just down the back of the block.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 10:48 PM

Should of bought you a Dodge. :

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode