Finally... finally! got the goodies installed - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by HotSauce2138, this thread has received 20 replies and been viewed 1802 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 05:30 AM Thread Starter
Hotsauce2138

Send a message via AIM to HotSauce2138 Send a message via MSN to HotSauce2138
Talking Finally... finally! got the goodies installed

i finally got the time off to devote and setup a day for the truck and the truck only.
did the injectors, turbo, exhaust brake, and y pipes

the y pipes were fun.:squish

everything else was fine just takes time. 12 hours actually from start to finish, and thats everything, and also did a compression test on it.

but it idles rough and runs kind of rough if you dont give her some fuel, so do ya think i need to get my dp f5 chip reflashed for a different program or something?

the turbo sounds amazing, and works awesome.

the ezhuast brake doesnt work at all, really my ebpv brake worked way better, so i hope i just hooked something up wrong or soemthing. :shrug:

all in all, i'm very impressed and love the extra power and smoke. :Thumbup:

thnx guys for the all advice on how to do the install and putting up with my dumb questions.

tell me what ya think about the rough idle and exhuast brake not working very good.

thnx again

SAM
Late 99 F-250 CC SWB Lariat 6 sp. 4x4 - the mods= Garrett GTP38R Turbo, DDP Stage 2 Single Shot Injectors. Shimmed Regulator, CCV Reroute and HX Hose from Dfuser, 4" turbo back straight pipe to GR 5" stack kit w/ 7"mitre cut stacks DPPPOWER.COM, AFE Stage 2 Intake w/ PG7, DP Tuner F5 Chip, 18K Mod Dfuser, SouthBend Clutch, Pro Pods quad a-pillar pod, Autometer Ultra-Lite Series Guages ( EGT, Boost 0-35, Trans Temp, Fuel Pressure and Engine oil temp.), Pro tech cab guard, WELD Sidewinders. Road Armor's!!! Custom Pro Tech toolbox/stack cover, , Sirius Sat. Radio, BD Exhaust Brake, 06 Towing Mirrors w/ LED blinkers and heated
:93C_peelo
My Gallery: http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.c...y.asp?id=18074
Singles Club Member #52
Can You Keep Up??
Because I'm trying to. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 06:51 AM

how manny miles do you have on it? it may take 20 or 30 to get all the air out and make it run smooth. however single shot injectors will Idle a little rougher than your old splits.

Ross
Show-ME Smokers 2.6 modified street pulling truck "The Lone Stroke" My Videos
1996 f350, powerstroke, 4x4, 5-speed, 4.56 gears, Swamps 450/600 injectors, Swamps BFH turbo, Swamps Idm, Swamps tunes, BTS oil, SBC clutch, studs, springs, tubes, air to water intercooler, fuel system, factory rods!

Tow Rig
1997 f350, srw, reg cab, 4x4, 5 speed, 4.10 gears, 3in down pipe, straight pipe, mystery chip.

Becker Brothers Enterprises
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 05:56 PM

please tell me you took some pictures...

early '99 converted to late '99 F-350 dually, 4x4, 4 door, long bed, 6 speed. Midwest transmissions 05+ zf-6 transmission with their short throw shifter and SB clutch. Rosewood 180cc with 80% nozzles, Termy modded 17* HPOP, International bellowed up pipes, fs-2500, DP Tunes. A few other things here and there...
dually club member.. Why replace 5 tires when you can replace seven? I like my training wheels...
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Hotsauce2138
Threadstarter

sorry no pictures, i was working on only 2 hours of sleep and the 12 hours i spent doing it, i didnt even think about taking pictures. i will though dont worry.

but they are stage 2 split shots. not singles.

ok well i'll probably go drive it today, after my hang over has left me.

and take some pics, and some vids but then i'll have to figure out how to post up the vids.

thnx guys

also do i need a boost fooler thing?

SAM
Late 99 F-250 CC SWB Lariat 6 sp. 4x4 - the mods= Garrett GTP38R Turbo, DDP Stage 2 Single Shot Injectors. Shimmed Regulator, CCV Reroute and HX Hose from Dfuser, 4" turbo back straight pipe to GR 5" stack kit w/ 7"mitre cut stacks DPPPOWER.COM, AFE Stage 2 Intake w/ PG7, DP Tuner F5 Chip, 18K Mod Dfuser, SouthBend Clutch, Pro Pods quad a-pillar pod, Autometer Ultra-Lite Series Guages ( EGT, Boost 0-35, Trans Temp, Fuel Pressure and Engine oil temp.), Pro tech cab guard, WELD Sidewinders. Road Armor's!!! Custom Pro Tech toolbox/stack cover, , Sirius Sat. Radio, BD Exhaust Brake, 06 Towing Mirrors w/ LED blinkers and heated
Singles Club Member #52
Can You Keep Up??
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 08:04 PM

Yo congrats on being finished, if driving around to get the air out doesn't fix your problem, I would bet it's an ICP problem. Mine was doing that (rough idle/poor throttle control) seems my ICP was stuck at 3000. Replaced and runs fine. Had to replace pigtail also, guess I stretched out the prongs slipping in the 10k resistors back in the day. Crazy thing is Ford wanted 88bucks for a pigtail, International 14 bucks!

Boost fooler. I wouldn't spend the money on a prefabbed one. Just go to northern tools, lowes, HD and get a compressor regulator $20 And two 1/4" barbed fittings, two holse clamps and you're good to go (Thanks Loco)

So do you feel like you have enough oil to run those splits? Just wondering how you like them.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 08:11 PM

Also what kind of boost numbers are you getting? The waste gate comes set at 20psi and you have to take the red hose off and clamp it shut. You probably already know this but I didn't and couldn't figure how I was only makeing 20lbslaugh laugh :Thumbup:
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Hotsauce2138
Threadstarter

thnx man. did you get your sticks,turbo, and stacks on?

i'm not sure about the oil yet? might have to get a oil psi gauge.

is that what you do did for a boost fooler? can you shoot soem pics my way?

SAM
Singles Club Member #52
Can You Keep Up??
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Hotsauce2138
Threadstarter

i'm gettign only 24 lbs.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Hotsauce2138
Threadstarter

also man how do i close up the red hose? and how do i close up the hole on the turbo where the red hose goes on.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 08:31 PM

I just clamped mine down in my intake hose clamp. You don't have to do anything to the wastegate, it's more or less just a valve that when you get enough pressure through the red line it opens and lets boost out,vtake red line off and it stays closed allowing you to build lots of boost.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode