Truck won't start! Need help - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by HawaiianPSD, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 796 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Truck won't start! Need help

Howzit guys!

Here's my problem, wonder if anyone could help.

Jumped in my 01' last night and turned the key, wait to start light didn't come on. Tried cycling the ignition on/off and no light. The truck cranks over fine, but doesn't run. Anybody had this happen before?

Had the truck towed to my local Ford dealer and dropped off late last night. Since it's Sunday and they're not open, I was wondering if maybe it's something small I could take care of before Monday morning (fuse, relay or something).

Thanks for any help!

01' F-250 CC 4X4 6spd
5" straight pipe w/ 6"SS Tip, AFE Stage II, DP 20/40/60HP tow/80Econo/120race/140agressive, Southbend Clutch, 6" all spring SuperLift w/ Bilsteins, 35X14.5 Swamper SSR's on ProComp 1059's, boost/pyro guages
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 08:31 PM

I bet you just have a blown ECM fuse or some thing. dose the check engine light come on when you first turn the key on.

Ross
Show-ME Smokers 2.6 modified street pulling truck "The Lone Stroke" My Videos
1996 f350, powerstroke, 4x4, 5-speed, 4.56 gears, Swamps 450/600 injectors, Swamps BFH turbo, Swamps Idm, Swamps tunes, BTS oil, SBC clutch, studs, springs, tubes, air to water intercooler, fuel system, factory rods!

Tow Rig
1997 f350, srw, reg cab, 4x4, 5 speed, 4.10 gears, 3in down pipe, straight pipe, mystery chip.

Becker Brothers Enterprises
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 03:33 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Yup. Service Engine light comes on and stays on.

01' F-250 CC 4X4 6spd
5" straight pipe w/ 6"SS Tip, AFE Stage II, DP 20/40/60HP tow/80Econo/120race/140agressive, Southbend Clutch, 6" all spring SuperLift w/ Bilsteins, 35X14.5 Swamper SSR's on ProComp 1059's, boost/pyro guages
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 10:29 AM
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71

Pull the chip and then try it.

1999 F-350 7.3L CREW CAB DUALLY, LIVE TUNING BY DP TUNER, 180cc SINGLES, REGULATED RETURN FUEL SYSTEM, PRE-PUMP AND IN TANK FUEL SYSTEM AND OVER BOOST ANNIHILATOR BY ITP DIESEL, DR MINI PACKS TO LEVEL THE RIDE, 6" AUSSIE STACKS BY GRANDROCK, AFE STAGE II INTAKE, TURBO MODS BY HTT, 05 HEAD LIGHT CONVERSION WITH UPGRADE WIRING HARNESS BY DFUSER, 05 GRILL, 05 6 SPEED UPGRADE, SHORT THROW SHIFTER AND LUK CLUTCH BY MIDWEST TRANSMISSION , CCV MOD, LINE-X , QUAD POD FILLED WITH AUTO METER C2 GUAGES, CUSTOM SLED PULLING HITCH, COOLANT FILTER SETUP
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 06:11 AM
Mod Friendly Title

Send a message via AIM to Zaairman
Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiacross
I bet you just have a blown ECM fuse or some thing. dose the check engine light come on when you first turn the key on.
Yep... EXACT same thing happened to me. Sounds like your fuel bowl heater (?) is blowing the fuse. Remove the Powerstroke cover, unplug the white plug on the back, replace the fuse, and go. :smoke

Zach
2000/2006ish Ford F-250 Larryette 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4
5" Sewer Pipe Exhaust (video clip), DIY 6637 Intake, Wicked Wheel'd, De-foiled, Missing EBPV, Edge Juice with Attitude, X Code Springs, 33" BFGs (SUCK), Alpine W200, Pioneer "D" Series Kevlar 6x8"s, Sirius Satellite Radio, 12" Memphis Pro Audio Subwoofer.
20x10 Mickey Thompson Classic IIs, waiting on tires

SLAPS Member #153

Just because I kiss the prettiest girls and I drive my truck too fast, why does everybody want to kick my @ss?

Donut Video
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 07:07 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaairman
Yep... EXACT same thing happened to me. Sounds like your fuel bowl heater (?) is blowing the fuse. Remove the Powerstroke cover, unplug the white plug on the back, replace the fuse, and go. :smoke

Tried that, still no start.

Got a call back from Ford saying the truck was done. They said the problem was the PCM wasn't receiving power due to my DP chip (Kinda forgot to yank the chip when I dropped off the truck since it was about 4:30 in the morn). They said they plugged into the diag. port and couldn't read the computer. They called me to come down and yank the chip out, which I did. Mechanic said they were gonna re-program the computer and see what happens. Truck started and runs fine. Got home and re-installed my chip, started her up and ran through tunes 1-7 and she seems to be fine. Haven't had the chance to run it around yet so I dunno.

You guys think the chip was the culprit or is Ford just blaming it? Had my DP for about a year now with no problems whatsoever.

Maybe the chip came loose somehow and created the problem. Anybody know if that could be the cause?

Thanks for the replies guys!

01' F-250 CC 4X4 6spd

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode