obs or sd - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 7.3stroker, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 393 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

obs or sd

wat is the best year 7.3 to turn into a pullin truck the 94-97 or the newer body style

97 f 250 xlt 4 inch lift, 36/15.50 tires, hypermax kit with sledghammer turbo, swamps 355mm injectors, compitition fuel system,bdp stealth pumps oil system, head studs, custom 4 inch exhaust, edge evo and ez stack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 08:22 PM

Dont know that it'd matter much after a certain point, the SD's come with a better version of the 7.3, but once you start pouring money at either, they're both gonna do well.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 08:23 PM

if its gonna be a pulling truck I would go with the obs. It will have stronger rods. And the obs's are cheaper. Only real difference would be the intercooler. If you are going with a fully built motor then your just looking at the cost difference in the truck.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 08:47 PM

I would say as long as the you got a forged rod engine the differences between the obs and sd engines dose'nt make any difference because anthing that may be a little beter on a SD stil has to be upgraded for enough power to make the truck compete well. I think the thing you need to look at most is the drive train. I think the superduity looks to be built a little heavier but I am not sure if its enough to make it worth the extra cost of them. Personally If I was going to build an all out pulling truck it would be a OBS because I like the way they look, and you can buy one for about 1/2 price of a superduity which gives you more money to put into performance parts

Ross
Show-ME Smokers 2.6 modified street pulling truck "The Lone Stroke" My Videos
1996 f350, powerstroke, 4x4, 5-speed, 4.56 gears, Swamps 450/600 injectors, Swamps BFH turbo, Swamps Idm, Swamps tunes, BTS oil, SBC clutch, studs, springs, tubes, air to water intercooler, fuel system, factory rods!

Tow Rig
1997 f350, srw, reg cab, 4x4, 5 speed, 4.10 gears, 3in down pipe, straight pipe, mystery chip.

Becker Brothers Enterprises

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode