how do i fix it? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by jmccall, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 543 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

how do i fix it?

just bought that 95 f250 with the oil problem for 2500. he says it is an injector o-ring, but it may be the turbo bushing. no oil in coolant or vice versa. here is my question, who knows where i can get an injector o-ring kit and the bushing for the turbo? also thought about replacing the turbo, anyone have a good one they need to get rid of? i'm going to straight pipe her and pick up an intake. also looking for a bed or good way to fix the rusted out rear fender lips. thanks
here is the address to the auction for the truck, there is a 94 on here for 3200 if anyone is interested.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...174454370&rd=1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 08:34 PM

what is the problem exactly? I'm assuming it's smoking:shrug: . If it's an injector oring, the fuel should be white and smell like diesel. If it's the turbo it would be blue and smell like oil. it is possible that on of the high pressure oil orings in an injector is leaking. . .but that would have to go through the fuel portion of the injector before it could get into the cylinder and be burnt so i think you would still have to have an overabundance of fuel which would lead to the white smoke. Give us some more details of what's going on and we can give a littel better advice.

*EDIT*
Just read the listing. i would check the air filter and make sure it has the updated filter housing (the new ones had steel retainer "nuts", the old version had plastic). Hopefully the engine hasn't been dusted causing the oil consumption. You'll have to wait and get it picked up and fill us in on more details about it so we can give a better synopsis.

-Brad Desatnik

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode