how do i - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by EverydayStroker, this thread has received 7 replies and been viewed 652 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

how do i

i have a 97 f-350 5 spd with only an intake and 6in straight pipe on it right now but im ording a box for it friday. I was wondering, is there anything that i can do besides the box to get a little more power and smoke outta her? its got 244,000 on it so i dont wanna start getting into to much engine wise such as injectors and i dont exactly have a whole lotta money to spend on it right now either...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 11:28 PM

What chip did you get??
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 11:48 PM
Mafia Member #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayStroker
and 6in straight pipe on it right now
6 inch?!!!!! *****, you could crawl inside of that.

early 99 with some stuff on it
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 01:13 AM

Where did you get the 6 inch exhaust?

I'm Zac

2003 F-250 6.0 Powerstroke, Torqueshift, 4x4
Crew Cab, Shortbed, Dark Red Exterior; Tan Interior; H-11 Headstuds; Tuned by Innovative Diesel; MBRP down pipe straight into a 6 inch Grand Rock miter stack; Airaid Intake; Isspro Trans temp, Fuel pressure, Boost, Pyro gauges; EGR Cooler Deleted; Pro Comp 3in leveling kit and F-350 blocks out back; Eagle Alloy 114 wraped in Nitto Terra Grapplers; Ranchhand brushguard; Custom Traction Bars; Recon Smoke Cab Light and Third Brake Light;Pioneer CD Player and XM radio; and a "THE DIESEL GARAGE" sticker in the back window.

Black Betty: 1981 Jeep CJ7 258 I-6, 4 spd, Headman Header, Comp Cams MSD ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, 2in of lift, 30in Swampers, Lincoln Locked rear.

Scrappy: 1975 Jeep CJ5 258 I-6, 3 spd,Headman Header, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, Full MSD ignition, Stretched 14 inches, 4 inches of lift, 33 inch tires, Lincoln Locker rear

BOMB Squad #15
Singles Club #136
American Club #17
Riding Dirty Club #25

A big thanks to Aaron at Smoking Guns Performance
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 01:44 AM

programmer is a good start. . .some are better than others but that decision has been made so i won't address it any further. What kind of intake?

After that, you're pretty much done (gauges are a must when you're running chips and programmers. . .didn't see that in there). 244k on a stock motor isn't nothing, especially if it's been maintained. There have been many that have started modding at that point. Something to consider is the injectors on these trucks will and do wear out. At 250k i'd expect those injectors have seen better days. That is really where you're going to see the biggest increase in power (and fuel economy if the injectors are really tired). At this point i would install gauges and then start saving for injectors. A good set of stage I or II's can be had for about the same price as ford remaned units. . .and if purchased from a reputable venor will cost about the same.

If that was me, that's the path i'd take, there's not much else to put on the truck to make it any stronger. But, w/new injectors, your clutch will be the next thing to need attention. :Thumbup:

Good luck, and shoot me a PM if you want to know a few good sources for injectors. :Thumbup:

-Brad Desatnik
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 01:53 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

as of now i have ordered my box yet, but im lookin at the dfuser 18k. my truck has an oversize flywheel and clutch and i had one of my friends who builds pulling trucks look at it and he said it hold up to about 150 more horse..

and i got all the pipe and everything from another one of my friends who builds exhaust and i had him put it on for me.. and i have an AEM intake..
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 02:01 AM

If I were you, I would save your money and get a Wildman chip. It will do alot more than an 18k dfuser.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 03:27 AM

I agree, look to someone like BTS, Tony Wildman, or DP Tuner for a chip. The initial outlay is a little more, but the chips can be reburnt for future upgrades. They also control alot of functions in the truck other than just injector control pressure.

-Brad Desatnik

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode