my downunder psd makeover - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by AUSSIEDAVE, this thread has received 11 replies and been viewed 1178 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 02:04 AM Thread Starter
*^%$#@&am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;!! !!!

my downunder psd makeover

i am installing these mods to my stock 2003 7.3 psd f350 4x4 6 speed manual dually flatbed truck .
i will be hauling a 5th wheel flatbed step deck trailer weighing 12000lbs.
heres the mods we will be doing:
gear vendors overdrive
twin 5 " miter stacks outside the flat bed (big rig style)
k and n cold air intake
gauges
banks power elbow 4"
banks techni-cooler intercooler
banks turbo housing and turbine wheel upgrade
big head accuator
banks six gun tuner
superchips
alcoa classic alloys
i know you guys have better upgrades up there in america(im referring to banks and superchips products)
but i can get all these mods above from a vendor here in australia with warranty and after sales service .http://www.rocketsportstrucks.com.au/index.htm
how much HP and TORQUE can i expect?

FORD AUSTRALIA 2003 F350 DRW FLATBED
SUPERDUTY XL SUPERCAB 4X4 7.3 PSD 6 SPEED MANUAL GARRETT GT38R TURBO BANKS TECHNICOOLER 4 INCH DOWN PIPE AND MITRED STACKS DP TUNER GEARVENDORS OVERDRIVE ALCOA HOTSHOTS CUSTOM INTAKE
FORD AUSTRALIA 2007 RANGER
XLT CREWCAB 4X4 DP
INLINE 4 CRD TURBO DIESEL 3.0L 5 SPEED MANUAL
33MPG DP CHIP
SOLD FORD AUSTRALIA 2002 F250 FLATBED
SUPERDUTY XL SUPERCAB 4X4 I6 4.2L MWM TURBO DIESEL ZF5 SPEED 23MPG 425FT/LBS @1500RPM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FrJu...e=channel_page

www.myspace.com/skyzakyte
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 04:05 AM

Around 300 at the tires probably with a Banks and canned SCT tunes. I'd becareful stacking a 6 Gun and canned SCT tunes, you have PMR's that might take a vacation on you.

Even though you'd have a bit of an issue with ship time, any of the major Tuners here in the states will provide great customer service as well. The new F5 chips seem to be holding up pretty well, no major switching issues like the old twisty knob 6 bank chips.

That GV O/D will sure make pulling nice, you can have a 12speed that way. Mount the switch for the GV on the stick for easy of gear grabbing.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 05:29 AM Thread Starter
*^%$#@&am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;!! !!!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1040 WreckerMan
Around 300 at the tires probably with a Banks and canned SCT tunes. I'd becareful stacking a 6 Gun and canned SCT tunes, you have PMR's that might take a vacation on you.

Even though you'd have a bit of an issue with ship time, any of the major Tuners here in the states will provide great customer service as well. The new F5 chips seem to be holding up pretty well, no major switching issues like the old twisty knob 6 bank chips.

That GV O/D will sure make pulling nice, you can have a 12speed that way. Mount the switch for the GV on the stick for easy of gear grabbing.

all the mods im getting i swaped for landscaping and rural fencing work i did for a customer of mine he is paying for all the parts and installing them ($20,000 worth of work that cost me 15 days labour)
he owns a diesel repair shop ,he is also rebuilding and replacing my brakes and suspention on my truck.
so its already a done deal.
i will probaly swap to a better tuner/chip later.
what are PMR'S?
and besides banks pruducts being overpriced and Gale being a wanker is there stuff really junk?
the banks intercooler and turbo upgrades i am getting are they junk too?
we are very limited with after market psd mods here down under.

SUPERDUTY XL SUPERCAB 4X4 7.3 PSD 6 SPEED MANUAL GARRETT GT38R TURBO BANKS TECHNICOOLER 4 INCH DOWN PIPE AND MITRED STACKS DP TUNER GEARVENDORS OVERDRIVE ALCOA HOTSHOTS CUSTOM INTAKE
XLT CREWCAB 4X4 DP
33MPG DP CHIP
SUPERDUTY XL SUPERCAB 4X4 I6 4.2L MWM TURBO DIESEL ZF5 SPEED 23MPG 425FT/LBS @1500RPM

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 05:30 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:

all the mods im getting i swaped for landscaping and rural fencing work i did for a customer of mine he is paying for all the parts and installing them ($20,000 worth of work that cost me 15 days labour)
he owns a diesel repair shop ,he is also rebuilding and replacing my brakes and suspention on my truck.
so its already a done deal.
i will probaly swap to a better tuner/chip later.
what are PMR'S?
and besides banks products being overpriced and Gale being a wanker is there stuff really junk?
the banks intercooler and turbo upgrades i am getting are they junk too?
we are very limited with after market psd mods here down under.

XLT CREWCAB 4X4 DP
33MPG DP CHIP

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 05:35 AM

PMR are Powder Metal Rods. The later (01+) 7.3's used PMR connecting rods instead of forged rods and will not take as much abuse.

Banks makes good stuff, but it is far over-priced for the performance. Banks has a reputation to uphold and they build products for the average guy who wants safe power and doesn't want to know anything about how his truck works.

The problem you may run into is stacking a Banks tuner with the off-the-shelf SCT tunes may have you running too much timing, not good for your rods.

The Banks Intercooler is a good product. I think there are better, but the Banks is still much better than stock. See if you he order you a Banks Intercooler for a 6.0 truck with the tubes for a 7.3. The 6.0 intercooler will bolt in and is bigger than the 7.3 version.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 05:45 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
PMR are Powder Metal Rods. The later (01+) 7.3's used PMR connecting rods instead of forged rods and will not take as much abuse.

Banks makes good stuff, but it is far over-priced for the performance. Banks has a reputation to uphold and they build products for the average guy who wants safe power and doesn't want to know anything about how his truck works.

The problem you may run into is stacking a Banks tuner with the off-the-shelf SCT tunes may have you running too much timing, not good for your rods.

The Banks Intercooler is a good product. I think there are better, but the Banks is still much better than stock. See if you he order you a Banks Intercooler for a 6.0 truck with the tubes for a 7.3. The 6.0 intercooler will bolt in and is bigger than the 7.3 version.
what settings would you run the superchips and six gun combo?
say superchips on tow mode and banks six gun on low hp setting?
also im getting the 4inch down pipe would help egts?
i will be running straight piped out my stacks

XLT CREWCAB 4X4 DP
33MPG DP CHIP

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 06:07 AM
In the passing lane

Send a message via AIM to countryboy88
I want to see some :smoke

Truck: 1990 Ford F-250 5.0 EFI, 4x4 , Longbed, 5 speed w/ Hurst shifter, K&N FIPK, Line-X Bed liner, Ford Racing Valve Covers, 2 1/2 in exhaust w/ 4 inch SS tips, A pillar pod filled with Autometer Pro Comp Ultra Lites , Custom switch box w/ 5 switch panel, and more to come

In The Passing Lane
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 06:24 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy88
I want to see some :smoke
here is some pics my truck before mods
and my new drop deck 5th wheel gooseneck
as soon as its finished i will post pics
and im also getting a new tractor
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7973387.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	12522   Click image for larger version

Name:	110305.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	12523  

XLT CREWCAB 4X4 DP
33MPG DP CHIP

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 11:35 PM

Nice looking setup. Whatcha hauling on the drop deck?

Yes, a 4" DP and 4" mandrel bent exhaust will certainly help EGTs. I'd probably run the SCT on TowSafe and use the Banks to adjust power from there. Unfortunately without some fancy test equipment you won't know what that is doing to your timing. You will hear timing increase at idle, but there really isn't any reliable way SOTP to know at speed. Just keep the chip settings reasonable.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 11:45 PM

Dang, I guess no trip down under for me

06 F-350 Crewcab 5.9 CR
03 Excursion 6.0
99 F-250 7.3
97 Dodge 3500 5.9
95 F-250 7.3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode