Please Help with truck terminology - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by helpmebigtruck, this thread has received 24 replies and been viewed 1609 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Please Help with truck terminology

Hello Everyone,
Iím Cheryl. This is the first time Iím posting here and quite honestly, I donít know anything about trucks.
I drive a little Toyota Corolla.

As Truck Enthusiasts Iím asking for your help! (If Iím not posting this is the right place please tell me, I donít know my way around).
Due to a death in the family, Iíve been asked to sellÖ a really big truck:smoke .
This vehicle has all the bells and whistles and I have no idea how to word them in an adÖ I donít even know what they are. Iím not sure what features are a given and which ones were the ad-ons that are noteworthy. Iíve been asked to sell this due to my internet access and not truck knowledge. I was hoping I could find some helpful truck enthusiasts who could help me use the proper terminology:bow: . Iím not sure if this site will allow me to post pictures or if I should just describe some of the featuresÖalthough my description would probably be comical to the average enthusiast.

Ok hereís what I know.
-Itís a Ford f-350 with 51,000 miles. Itís a 1994. One owner.
-It says centurian on the tire flaps(?) Itís diesel.
-It has two tanks on either side and a big tank in the back, thatís 90 some gallons.
-The tail gate is sort of like mini blinds slightly open. Iím assuming this reduces wind resistance.
-Behind the back window also has these miniblind style things.
-It has something built into the back of the bed that was used to tow horses and rv vehicles.
-It has two back wheels side by side.
-My husband drove it and said it had more gauges and levers than he knew what to do with, and he was surprised by itís pickup.
-Itís white with gray pinstriping design.
-Below the tail gate it hasÖwhat sort of looks like a black grass skirt spanning the width of the truck.
-The vehicle has 4 doors with a plush interior, a big grill in the front and two external horns.
-Itís been kept in really good condition and itís very clean.

Does this truck type sound familiar to anyone? How should I list these features? Are there other things I should try and find out? Should I take pictures of anything in particular?
I would REALLY appreciate any help that can be offered. If I havenít provided enough information, please ask me.
Thanks,
Cheryl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 11:11 PM

I am sorry to hear about your loss ma'am. It sounds like you have a real nice truck. you can post pictures if you look at the little icons right above the box you type in, one looks like a mountain.. that is how you add pitures. If you go to NADA.com or KBb.com they will give you a good starting point for a price. good luck with the sale and by all means, if you have more questions don't hesitate to ask.

early '99 converted to late '99 F-350 dually, 4x4, 4 door, long bed, 6 speed. Midwest transmissions 05+ zf-6 transmission with their short throw shifter and SB clutch. Rosewood 180cc with 80% nozzles, Termy modded 17* HPOP, International bellowed up pipes, fs-2500, DP Tunes. A few other things here and there...
dually club member.. Why replace 5 tires when you can replace seven? I like my training wheels...
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 11:18 PM
Mafia Member #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpmebigtruck
Hello Everyone,
Iím Cheryl. This is the first time Iím posting here and quite honestly, I donít know anything about trucks.
I drive a little Toyota Corolla.

As Truck Enthusiasts Iím asking for your help! (If Iím not posting this is the right place please tell me, I donít know my way around).
Due to a death in the family, Iíve been asked to sellÖ a really big truck:smoke .
This vehicle has all the bells and whistles and I have no idea how to word them in an adÖ I donít even know what they are. Iím not sure what features are a given and which ones were the ad-ons that are noteworthy. Iíve been asked to sell this due to my internet access and not truck knowledge. I was hoping I could find some helpful truck enthusiasts who could help me use the proper terminology:bow: . Iím not sure if this site will allow me to post pictures or if I should just describe some of the featuresÖalthough my description would probably be comical to the average enthusiast.

Ok hereís what I know.
-Itís a Ford f-350 with 51,000 miles. Itís a 1994. One owner.
-It says centurian on the tire flaps(?) Itís diesel.
-It has two tanks on either side and a big tank in the back, thatís 90 some gallons.
-The tail gate is sort of like mini blinds slightly open. Iím assuming this reduces wind resistance.
-Behind the back window also has these miniblind style things.
-It has something built into the back of the bed that was used to tow horses and rv vehicles.
-It has two back wheels side by side.
-My husband drove it and said it had more gauges and levers than he knew what to do with, and he was surprised by itís pickup.
-Itís white with gray pinstriping design.
-Below the tail gate it hasÖwhat sort of looks like a black grass skirt spanning the width of the truck.
-The vehicle has 4 doors with a plush interior, a big grill in the front and two external horns.
-Itís been kept in really good condition and itís very clean.

Does this truck type sound familiar to anyone? How should I list these features? Are there other things I should try and find out? Should I take pictures of anything in particular?
I would REALLY appreciate any help that can be offered. If I havenít provided enough information, please ask me.
Thanks,
Cheryl
first of all WELCOME!!!

Well getting pictures of the things in question would help but I will try to answer some of them.

1. 1994 was a "split year" for the diesel motors meaning that it could be either a "7.3 Liter IDI diesel or a 7.3 Liter Powerstroke diesel". the best way to tell which it is would be to get a picture of the top of the motor.

2. "Centurian" is a package where they put fancy things on the truck like plush interior, special paint, etc.

3. the two tanks on either side are 20 gallons a piece.

4. the tailgate is made for hauling RV's. it is SUPPOSE to help with milage.

5. the "miniblinds" behind the back window is called a " headache rack" it is mainly only for looks.

6. the thing in the bed is a hitch. if it just has a little ball that sticks up than it is a "Gooseneck hitch" but if it is a big aparatus that sticks way up and has all kinds of pieces the it is a "Fifth Wheel hitch".

7. The two back wheels side by side are called "Duallys". They are good for hauling trailers.

8. The gauges and levers would be easier distiguished by a picture cause they could be many, many different things.

9. that paint design is one of those "Centurion add-ons".

10. the grass skirt looking thing is a type of mudflap to keep rocks and debris from hitting a trailer or other cars.

Well I think that about covers everything. but If you can, get some pics because that would greatly help explain things like the gauges an switches.

~Jim

early 99 with some stuff on it
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Wow, thank you for your kind words and suggestions. I have a few pics that we took before we had it detailed...it's shinier now. I'm going to try and quick get some more interior shots and top of the motor pics.... Thank you so much, wow all those things had names, thats awesome
Thank you so much,

~Cheryl

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 01:52 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I took some more pictures. Just as I popped the hood the battery died in the camera, I couldn't figure out how to open the hood anyway.

So from the definitions you gave me my ad would say something like.

1994 Ford F-350
Low Miles (51,000), One Owner.
Centurian upgraded package
Diesel w/ two 20 gallon tanks and additional 90 gallon tank
Fifth Wheel Hitch, Dually
Lots of extras to make towing a breeze
This truck has been customized down to the headache rack.
Great condition, must see to believe.

If this doesn't sound right or could be better please, I would love imput!!!
I am 200% open to criticism and feedback. If anyone identifies anything else in the pics please let me know. Thanks in advance

Here we have exterior photos

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

And now for the inside....

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 02:43 AM

I saw a decal for a banks power pack... that is another good selling point. Banks isn't the best stuff out there, but they make a good product. Once you get us an engine picture, we will be able to tell you more. good luck!!

early '99 converted to late '99 F-350 dually, 4x4, 4 door, long bed, 6 speed. Midwest transmissions 05+ zf-6 transmission with their short throw shifter and SB clutch. Rosewood 180cc with 80% nozzles, Termy modded 17* HPOP, International bellowed up pipes, fs-2500, DP Tunes. A few other things here and there...
dually club member.. Why replace 5 tires when you can replace seven? I like my training wheels...
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 03:20 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Here is the engine.... what's the verdict?
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 03:53 AM

Your engine is a turboed 7.3L IDI. Judging from the badges on the fender it is the factory Turbo 7.3 IDI with a Banks power pack upgrade.

BTW that is one great looking truck.

Keith

2000 F350 Cab/Chassis Crewcab DRW 4wd 7.3/Auto "Hamilton Custom Cruiser" conversion WesternHauler bed TFI 50 gal transfer tank 4" Exhaust DIY intake w/Napa 6637 85k miles

'85 F350 Cab/Chassis 190"wb Schawlbe 55" sleeper and Hauler bed 7.3 IDI/T19/4.10 Banks Sidewinder Holley red pump Over 500,000 trailer pulling miles.**SOLD**:crybaby2:

Other Diesels gone but not forgotten; '86 F350 Crew Dually 6.9/c-6 '89 F350 Crew 4x4 7.3/ZF5
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 04:07 AM

This is how I would list it after I edited a few things

1994 Ford F-350 crew cab dually
Low Miles (51,000), One Owner.
7.3 turbo diesel with banks power pack
Auto
Centurian upgraded package
dual tanks and additional 90 gallon tank
Fifth Wheel Hitch
Lots of extras to make towing a breeze
This truck has been customized down to the headache rack.
Great condition, must see to believe.

Ross
Show-ME Smokers 2.6 modified street pulling truck "The Lone Stroke" My Videos
1996 f350, powerstroke, 4x4, 5-speed, 4.56 gears, Swamps 450/600 injectors, Swamps BFH turbo, Swamps Idm, Swamps tunes, BTS oil, SBC clutch, studs, springs, tubes, air to water intercooler, fuel system, factory rods!

Tow Rig
1997 f350, srw, reg cab, 4x4, 5 speed, 4.10 gears, 3in down pipe, straight pipe, mystery chip.

Becker Brothers Enterprises

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode