Need help with a trans question.ASAP - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by jebsurf, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 444 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-25-2007, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Need help with a trans question.ASAP

I have a 99 powerstroke and I just got the trans rebuilt by a shop here in va beach and I am not going to say who(dont want them to think that I am bashing them or: them) but they tried to rebuild my trans with the alto red eagle clutches and a trans go tugger kit with a howards tripple disk converter. Well there is a slight problem that they can not figure out and they have now told me to basicly come pick my truck up because they cant figure out what is going on. Everything is fine except when you put the truck in drive and go to take off (they said ) the truck is skipping 2nd gear. But...... if you shift it manually on the tree it will go into 2nd fine. They tried the vb gasket and they took the trans back a part again and they said they checked everything and by there specs and it is right. :shrug: well I paid for the trans in full up front(well all but 600$) and I hope by me taking the truck the way that it is now that the problem will not cost me over 600 to get fixed or I will be screwed. But my truck has been there since may 27th(as you can see in my sig:RTFM: ) and I guess I could really care less at this point:RTFM: Can anyone try and help me figure out what is going on with my truck?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-27-2007, 11:34 PM

can you get the trans to maryland?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I wish I could.I have a few people around here now trying to help me out because they see how bad I got burned

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode