I really wanted to have an easy friday... - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by tkdbf350, this thread has received 8 replies and been viewed 838 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy I really wanted to have an easy friday...

looks like that aint gonna happen tho. This morning after she warmed up it started running really really rough so I pulled over and listened awhile, it sounded like it was running on about 5 cylinders I checked the chip and everything is plugged in tight I tried stock setting and it still did it if anything it ran worse on the stock setting. I revved it a couple of times and it would blow bluish-whites smoke and no black like it usually does. When i was limping it home i noticed that it ran rough rough when idling and kinda smoothed out when I got the rpms up but if I gave it too much throttle it would just kinda give up but still run. I have called a couple of mechanics I know and they said it sounds like it might be an injector. I have the driver side cover pulled and the plugs are all plugged in tight and nothing looks burnt so Im lost and wanted to see if you guys had any thoughts. Oh and the check engine light was randomly coming on and off while i was limping it home. Any idears:shrug:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 08:02 PM

Garage
it'll run fine with one bad injector. Mine ran that way for a long time... Only a little bit less power and idled like a gasser with a loping cam. Your problems are probably worse than one injector.

Alex C.

R.I.P. 2006 F-250 CC SB Fx4. w/ 500 RWHP *stolen 7/15/2010*

1990 F350 CCLB 4x4 -- 24V Cummins, 200hp DDP's, SuperB over S475-sx3, Cam and valvesprings, Spe-rite Convertor, Billet input.

www.JeffersonStateDiesel.com --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Jefferson

Singles Club # 182 - B.O.M.B Squad # 14 - American Club #23
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 10:24 PM

Is exactly what happened to me a couple mornings ago. RPMs dropped off, no throttle but could kinda slowly work it back up, and puffs of blue-ish white smoke. Mine did it twice but then I got it back and it was fine all the way into work. Last night I changed out the CPS and so far today it's been fine. Don't know for sure that it was the CPS, but if it was anything more serious I'm pretty sure it would have come back by now, but so far I'm good to go. Now having said all that, it'll probably croak on me tomorrow in traffic...
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 11:11 PM

CEL is most likely 1316. ..

Take a look at the Rt side....

Rick....

Supporter/End user of ShiftSolutions THE CURE E4/4R Trans Control. Helping Cancer patients and families
www.fordtransmissioncure.com
Special thanks to RacerX USA
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

alright ill check right side and put a new cps in thnx guys.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

i replaced the cps and checked the pass side for burnt wires or something unplugged and there wasn't anything so put both covers back on and sarted it and it idled just fine but once i got the cac pipes back on and the intake on and started it it ran like chit again and it definitely runs better in the 80 program than it does in the stock im so pissed
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 09:33 PM

Garage
Airflow somehow plugged???

Alex C.

R.I.P. 2006 F-250 CC SB Fx4. w/ 500 RWHP *stolen 7/15/2010*

1990 F350 CCLB 4x4 -- 24V Cummins, 200hp DDP's, SuperB over S475-sx3, Cam and valvesprings, Spe-rite Convertor, Billet input.

www.JeffersonStateDiesel.com --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Jefferson

Singles Club # 182 - B.O.M.B Squad # 14 - American Club #23
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdbf350
i replaced the cps and checked the pass side for burnt wires or something unplugged and there wasn't anything so put both covers back on and sarted it and it idled just fine but once i got the cac pipes back on and the intake on and started it it ran like chit again and it definitely runs better in the 80 program than it does in the stock im so pissed
Check where the harness lays on the engine .. The loom can wear through at that point also....

Rick....

Supporter/End user of ShiftSolutions THE CURE E4/4R Trans Control. Helping Cancer patients and families
www.fordtransmissioncure.com
Special thanks to RacerX USA
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I think I found the problem my buddy said it sounded like it wasn't getting fuel at all so we checked the filter and the bowl wasn't full even half way up the bowl so we checked the in tank stuff and the little chamber was full of caca so thats on order from ford because my fuel gauge sender wasn't working anyways if it dont fix it i might just shoot the damn thing.:mafia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode