Powersteering Pump - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by imported_bsutton2000, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 775 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 12:38 AM Thread Starter

Powersteering Pump

My buddy bought a 00 F250 4wd 7.3L. When he bought the truck the powersteering pump was making some noise,he bought the truck any way,so we changed the pump. It makes just as much noise as the first pump did. Any tricks on how or an easy way of bleeding the system. It also runs the brakes.(hydro boost system)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 03:35 AM

I believe it bleeds off simply by cycling the wheel back and forth.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 03:43 AM

I had a line go bad on my 00' and jacked it up and cycling the wheel back and forth. It helped some and I just drove it a while and it went away. yea you can tell with the brake pedal if all the air is out.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 04:21 AM

I know this is at least common to the super duty's. Mine did it since day one. Make sure you have the correct amount of fluid in the reservoir, and if it still whines (THIS IS JUST WHAT I DID:shrug: ) fill it with synthetic transmission fluid. I got that from another site and it seemed to hold up for 4 years with no whine:Thumbup:
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 08:32 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by I10HaulR
I know this is at least common to the super duty's. Mine did it since day one. Make sure you have the correct amount of fluid in the reservoir, and if it still whines (THIS IS JUST WHAT I DID:shrug: ) fill it with synthetic transmission fluid. I got that from another site and it seemed to hold up for 4 years with no whine:Thumbup:

Mine whines too. I10HaulR any specific synthetic tranny fluid? And what happened after 4 years? Did it explode or just start whining again.

2002 F350XLT SRW 4x4 CrewCab 160k 2" Leveling Kit, Warn Premium Hubs, Prodigy TBC, Hankook DynaPro ATM's, '08 Diff Cover, Foil Delete, Edge Evolution II, Tymar Intake, 4" Turbo Back Diamond Eye Exhaust, DieselSite Coolant Filtration System & DieselSite Engine / Intercooler Boots!

Thanks to Dale @ Tymar Performance
and Bob @ DieselSite!

TDG Singles Club Member #73

Ridin' Dirty #64
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 04:12 PM

A whining power steering pump is very common in Ford vehicles. Try doing what I10HaulR said and adding some synthetic transmission fluid to it, or even some Lucas Oil lubricant.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode