99 Problems - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by bigbear3, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 538 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
CBCS

99 Problems

Hey guys and gals,

I need to know the part # for the newer cheaper CPS.

I think that mine is going out. I had the truck die twice going down the road. They both happened when I was coming to a stop. Would a new CPS solve this, or do you think that it would be time for a new fuel filter???

Also, I think that my trans is about to go. It has bucked a few times going down the highway. I think that it is not getting enough line pressure, or could it be something else. Also, it seems alittle sluggish, (it revs out higher than it has before).

Sorry for all the questions I'm at work right now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 11:32 PM

I don't have the number in front of me now but if you have the dealer look up a cps for your truck and it is the old high priced one have them write down the number. The cheaper cps is the exact same number but a B instead of an A as the last digit.

Your symptoms sound typical of a cps but the fuel filter could possibly cause it too. I have had a loose IPR nut cause the same thing.

Eric
96 F-350 CC Dually My TDG Gallery
B codes, head studs, Comp 910 valve springs, stock turbo w/ 1.00 turbine housing
6.0 IC, NAPA 6637 air filter, AeroTurbine 4040XL, ITP Overboost Annihilator,
Quadzilla Commander, electric fuel system w/ regulated return
coolant filter, 203* thermostat
Dually Club Member #53

346.7HP, 852.1TQ 12/15/07 Greeley, CO w/ stage 1 injectors and Wildman tunes
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 07:38 AM

Send a message via AIM to badfish57 Send a message via MSN to badfish57
F7tz-12k073-b

The Diesel:
2001 F350 SRW extended cab long bed 7.3L 4X4, itty bitty lift, Rollin on 305/70/16's, 4inch straight pipe from turbo back, EBPV delete with Blank Garret pedestal and outlet flange, Foil Delete, CCV and Zoodad mod, SS X-over, Autometer Gages, Pyro, Boost, & Trans. DP Tuner F5, Stock,High Idle, 80eco, 80tow, 100performance, 120race, 140 aggressive/smoke... just getting started on it really, with a growing list of items for the future

TDG Singles Club Member#4, Outlaw #20

The Gasser:
1979 Silverado, SNB, with late 90's stepside bed,billet step plates, 454TBI with quite Kenne Bell supercharger, Air Ride in the Front with LRD plates and cups with RE7 Slam Bags run on Nitrogen threw 3/8" SMC valves on 1/2" dot airline, 10in drop in the rear with c notch, riding on 20x9 Panther Vector's rolling on a set of 255/35/20 rubber
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 05:04 AM

Cps

Fuel filter suppose to be changes every 15 thousand miles. Truck will have loss of paower and responce if it needed one. The dealer can even plug your truck in and tell you if your cam sensor is going. I always keep a spare on in my tool box. I paid almost $100 at the dealer but that was the only place i could get it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode