Injectors - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by powerstroke7.3, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 522 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 06:04 AM Thread Starter

Injectors

I have a 1997 powerstroke and was wondering what kind of injectors to put in it and just an overall opinion of what to do. i have a superchip and a 4 inch turbo back exahust. what do you guys recamend. i want some black smoke!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 07:37 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to gtspowerstroke
OK well other than black smoke what are your plans for the truck? What do you mainly use the truck for? How much power do you want? What future mods do you plan on?

The first step would be some 160cc injectors with stock nozzles. These are by far the most versitle because without a chip they will run exactly like a stock truck. Great for needing emissions testing and stuff like that along with heavy towing where you can turn they way back down if need be. The next step would be 160cc injectors with bigger nozzles. This will get the fuel out of the injectors faster and will make a little more power. Either will get your EGTs up there so if you do a lot of heavy towing I'd recomend an intercooler as well. If all you do is jazz around unloaded then and intercooler won't be as necessary. Next step from there would be some hybrids which are considerably more fuel and will tax your fuel system and turbo. If you plan on other things like an oil system, bigger turbo, etc and want to make a lot more power then you could go with B codes. Also what is your budget? Obviously the more you have done to the injectors the more it's going to cost. As you can see there are a LOT of factors in deciding what is going to fit your needs best.

'96 F-250 Extended Cab, GT'S injectors, GT'S intercooler install kit, custom turbo kit with a little HX40, Swamp's BIGEST oil.
466 on #2 only
739 with NČO

13.544 in 1/4 mi!

"If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." Henry Ford

Yeah I can keep up!:Thumbup:
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 06:18 PM

I think theirs a couple companys that make a 130cc Injectors, sorta between stock and Stage 1s(160cc)

A little less taxing on yer stock fuel and oil systems, and yer superchip:Thumbup:
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I'm using the truck for a little bit of pulling but mostly a driver. i want more power out of the injectors.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode