Torque Converter... - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Cummins_Beast, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 596 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Formerly F350_Beast

Torque Converter...

What should I get? OD light is still blinking, time for a new converter. I looked at one that I found from a link in a thread here from Racer X Automotive. Lower end one for around $435. Just wanted some opinions from you guys. I do have a spare E40D with less than 3,000 miles on it, thought about just beefin it up. ALSO, what gears do I have? I've heard people tell me I have 4.10's and others say 3.73's...I'd like to know for sure. Thanks!! :Thumbup:

// BENNY \\
14.7 @94mph
// 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4 Laramie \\
// 4" Lift, 35" Nitto Mud Graps, 20" Moto Metal 955's \\
// Silencer Ring M.I.A, aFe Mega Cannon, Edge Juice w/ Attitude, 5" TBE \\

'97 F350 SOLD

--RIDING HIGH CLUB MEMBER #4 --
SINGLES CLUB MEMBER #95--
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 05:44 PM

obs's have 2 gear options 3.55 and 4.10. You can check the door tag and decode it for the gears. Or you can look at the tag on the axle and it will tell you. As far as the flashing OD light. That light flashing is transmissions "check engine" light. You need to get the code pull to know what the issue is. If the converter has failed it can send crap threw out the trans. But what ever you want to get trans wise Racer-x will get you what you want. He is a good guy.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Formerly F350_Beast
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindViper
obs's have 2 gear options 3.55 and 4.10. You can check the door tag and decode it for the gears. Or you can look at the tag on the axle and it will tell you. As far as the flashing OD light. That light flashing is transmissions "check engine" light. You need to get the code pull to know what the issue is. If the converter has failed it can send crap threw out the trans. But what ever you want to get trans wise Racer-x will get you what you want. He is a good guy.
I had the the codes read. It said sometin about torque converter failing and MAP sensor fault. I guess i'm gonna go with that converter then.. THANKS!

// BENNY \\
14.7 @94mph

'97 F350 SOLD

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 08:24 PM

I don't know how much you are looking to spend on a TC but I am in the same boat. I am going to be rebuilding my trans as soon as I get the parts list together and will be getting most of my parts from Racer X. I haven't fully decided on a TC yet, but am leaning toward a Dunrite (unless someone can give me a very good reason that they aren't very good in Fords) because I know several guys with super high power Dodges that run them (seems like when you have one of the most powerful street Dodge's in the country, you probably know what works and what doesn't). I am also considering one of the TC's from Racer X. Anywho, that's my two cents, hope everything works out for you, and that you get some good info.

Ethan
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 01:55 AM Thread Starter
Formerly F350_Beast
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crfracer
I don't know how much you are looking to spend on a TC but I am in the same boat. I am going to be rebuilding my trans as soon as I get the parts list together and will be getting most of my parts from Racer X. I haven't fully decided on a TC yet, but am leaning toward a Dunrite (unless someone can give me a very good reason that they aren't very good in Fords) because I know several guys with super high power Dodges that run them (seems like when you have one of the most powerful street Dodge's in the country, you probably know what works and what doesn't). I am also considering one of the TC's from Racer X. Anywho, that's my two cents, hope everything works out for you, and that you get some good info.

Ethan
I'm gonna give the one from Racer X a shot. Its a pretty good price and I've heard good things about them. I was hoping someone else would chime in saying differently if I am wrong about it. Other than that I think I'll just be adding a transmission cooler for now. At least until the truck is paid off. Thanks for the input, good luck with your build.

-Benny

// BENNY \\
14.7 @94mph

'97 F350 SOLD

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 02:11 AM

I have the best converter he has. It has a 2 year break it if you can coverage.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode