05 - 07 Conversions - Need answeres quickly - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Zaairman, this thread has received 36 replies and been viewed 2350 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Mod Friendly Title

Send a message via AIM to Zaairman
05 - 07 Conversions - Need answeres quickly

Hey guys, I'm about to order parts for my 05-07 conversion. Quick question... Will I need new front bumper mounts? :shrug: I will be doing the bumper, grill, and headlights. I know that I need the new wiring harness...

Zach
2000/2006ish Ford F-250 Larryette 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4
5" Sewer Pipe Exhaust (video clip), DIY 6637 Intake, Wicked Wheel'd, De-foiled, Missing EBPV, Edge Juice with Attitude, X Code Springs, 33" BFGs (SUCK), Alpine W200, Pioneer "D" Series Kevlar 6x8"s, Sirius Satellite Radio, 12" Memphis Pro Audio Subwoofer.
20x10 Mickey Thompson Classic IIs, waiting on tires

SLAPS Member #153

Just because I kiss the prettiest girls and I drive my truck too fast, why does everybody want to kick my @ss?

Donut Video
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 08:23 PM
4cstr

No. The '05 bumper will bolt right up to the current mounts. There are some support beams on the '05 bumper that you will need to remove. They are on the sides of the bumper. Our bumpers didn't come with them.

Don't forget to get the new header panel either.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I did it to my truck about 4 months ago.

Dave
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Mod Friendly Title
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cstr
No. The '05 bumper will bolt right up to the current mounts. There are some support beams on the '05 bumper that you will need to remove. They are on the sides of the bumper. Our bumpers didn't come with them.

Don't forget to get the new header panel either.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I did it to my truck about 4 months ago.

Dave
I was under the impression that I didn't need the new header panel... :shrug: Something about I could just cut it to get the lights in? And of course, as soon as I finally see that I've got all of my money, my cell phone gets a dead battery. So, I can't call my parts guy until tomorrow.

Zach
5" Sewer Pipe Exhaust (video clip), DIY 6637 Intake, Wicked Wheel'd, De-foiled, Missing EBPV, Edge Juice with Attitude, X Code Springs, 33" BFGs (SUCK), Alpine W200, Pioneer "D" Series Kevlar 6x8"s, Sirius Satellite Radio, 12" Memphis Pro Audio Subwoofer.

SLAPS Member #153

Just because I kiss the prettiest girls and I drive my truck too fast, why does everybody want to kick my @ss?

Donut Video
post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 08:50 PM
4cstr

I believe that you can cut the old header panel so that the lights go in...I don't remember if the mounting holes for the old lights line up with the new lights. Also...the new grill will have to be zip tied to the old header panel since it won't mount there.

I know that whenever I have to cut, trim or otherwise modify something for something else to fit...if given half a chance I will screw it up big time. My bodyshop guy had a headerpanel laying around...so I got that instead.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Mod Friendly Title
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cstr
I believe that you can cut the old header panel so that the lights go in...I don't remember if the mounting holes for the old lights line up with the new lights. Also...the new grill will have to be zip tied to the old header panel since it won't mount there.

I know that whenever I have to cut, trim or otherwise modify something for something else to fit...if given half a chance I will screw it up big time. My bodyshop guy had a headerpanel laying around...so I got that instead.
Ah... I don't want to zip tie the grill really, so I guess I'll go ahead with the new header panel. Any other tips/tricks?

Zach

SLAPS Member #153

Donut Video
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Smokin'

Grill, headlights, header panel, bumper, chrome tow hooks if you want, upgraded pigtail for head lights.

That's all you need.

2001 F350 Platinum
12.0 @ 110 FUEL ONLY
11.62 @ 115.79 SINGLE STAGE
SWAMPED
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 09:34 PM
GOS

Conversion

We've got the conversion harnesses in stock. Dfuser has them in stock also.

Contact 1-800-620-4467
Fax 1-406-222-4926
[email protected]

GOS Performance, Livingston, Mt. Wholesale distributor for Edge, Superchips, SCT, Quadzilla, Smarty, Diablo, Dr Performance, Bully Dog, MBRP, Magnaflow, aFe, S&B, Industrial Injection, High Tech Turbos, BD Diesel, ATS Diesel, SunCoast, South Bend Clutch, Haisley Machine, ARP, DiPricol, Autometer, Revtek, Superlift, Rancho, ProFab, Destroked Conversions, family owned and operated since 1994. Dealer Inquiries welcome.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 01:41 AM

Thumbs up

You can do it without a header panel; you will have to fabricate lower mounts for the grill. Some minor changes to the wiring harness but nothing to serious. Bumper mounts right up. Did to mine but I still need to paint it.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 02:39 AM Thread Starter
Mod Friendly Title
Threadstarter

Few things.
1. I'm a retard. Look at my title.
2. GOS, thanks for the help, but I'm getting all of my parts from my dealer. Yes, I said the D word. I get a killer discount.
3. Badges? We don't need no stinking badges.

Yeah, the pictures look like poop, but whatever. You get the idea.

Zach

SLAPS Member #153

Donut Video
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
Mod Friendly Title
Threadstarter

Little update... The bumper, header panel, and unpainted upper cover are sitting in the garage. Grill should be in tomorrow. My parts guy goofed and got me headlights for an 04, so the correct lights will be in on Friday, along with the wiring harness.

Zach

SLAPS Member #153

Donut Video

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode