pre filter for diy intake - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by camojeeper, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 1396 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 05:53 AM Thread Starter
MAFIA MEMBER 106

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to camojeeper
pre filter for diy intake

i know there are a lot of us needing a pre filter for our 6637 air filters i found a guy his name is pete he builds a nice washable pre filter has a few different logos mine has an arrow that sais turbine intake stay clear t444e. its really cool i will try and get a pick up pete pm is f_250 his e-mail is [email protected] check em out there like $22 shipped hope every one buys em its a good product that we should all have:evil: :evil: :Thumbup:
steve

STEVE TDG MAFIA#106
99.5 psd SDSC 4x Diesel hot rod tug boat. TN BB turbo,230CC 0.0085"EH nozzles GTS HYBRIDS,Pat's tranny,5",Autometers/Scan gauge, ARP'S, DP tuner f-5 ,MAGIC SMOKE PERFORMANCE INTAKE ,AIH delete,Snows water/meth,map sens blowoff,trans lockup,ITP RR w/FB delete oh ya and a detroit locker now with a TWIN PUMP TERMINATOR OIL system
96 CC DRW south bend,DP,MAGIC SMOKE performance,4" exh,Autometer, TERMINATOR OIL
76 CJ-7 B/B FUEL INJECTED AMC 401cid V-8, T-18, D 20 transfer case with 5.38's in the D44's full family cage,ARB air locker rear, lock right front, 37"goodyears [email protected]

MY PICS http://photobucket.com/magicsmokeperformanceJody of DP-Tuner has Driven my truck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 03:46 AM

Why would you need a prefilter? I'm guessing it helps with filtering but couldn't it be restrictive?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 04:03 AM
TDG SinglesClub Member#90

i tried emailing him at that email address but it came back saying an error happend

1996 Ford F350, 7.3 PSD, crew cab, 8ft(Line X'd) bed, 4x4, 5 speed manual, 4.11 gears, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 222,000 miles, DP-Tuner Chip NS 1200 high idle stock 60Tow 80econo 120Race, 3x4" down pipe, 4" exhaust straight piped with 5" polished SS tip, gutted EBPV, chrome nerf bars, autometer ultra lite pyro and boost gauges, alpine cd player, alpine speakers, Garmin GPS.

"Real trucks have 3 Pedals, 2 Sticks, and No Spark Plugs"
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 04:09 AM
TDG Rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroker01
Why would you need a prefilter? I'm guessing it helps with filtering but couldn't it be restrictive?

the pre-filter helps keep water out and mud off. its a paper element filter so mud sticks to it bad. and as far as resticting the material is made so there is little if any. when you pour water through just goes straight through it. :evil:

The Rig:
1997 ford ex cab lb. dp tuner f5 DIY intake MBRP 4" 285/75 R16 kickin stereo...

tdg BOMB squad #0
singles #137
Outlaw#21

Amsoil
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 04:09 AM
TDG Mafia #95

The prefilters are washable...they will help catch the majority of the stuff, while the air filter captures the smaller stuff. It will help out with change intervals of the air filter, but since it doesn't catch the smaller crap, it shouldn't be too restrictive.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 04:30 AM Thread Starter
MAFIA MEMBER 106
Threadstarter

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to camojeeper
sorry it is [email protected] pete is a great guy to work with plus a great prouduct here is a pic of mine
steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	diy cover.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	15376  

STEVE TDG MAFIA#106
99.5 psd SDSC 4x Diesel hot rod tug boat. TN BB turbo,230CC 0.0085"EH nozzles GTS HYBRIDS,Pat's tranny,5",Autometers/Scan gauge, ARP'S, DP tuner f-5 ,MAGIC SMOKE PERFORMANCE INTAKE ,AIH delete,Snows water/meth,map sens blowoff,trans lockup,ITP RR w/FB delete oh ya and a detroit locker now with a TWIN PUMP TERMINATOR OIL system
96 CC DRW south bend,DP,MAGIC SMOKE performance,4" exh,Autometer, TERMINATOR OIL
76 CJ-7 B/B FUEL INJECTED AMC 401cid V-8, T-18, D 20 transfer case with 5.38's in the D44's full family cage,ARB air locker rear, lock right front, 37"goodyears [email protected]

MY PICS http://photobucket.com/magicsmokeperformanceJody of DP-Tuner has Driven my truck
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camojeeper
sorry it is [email protected] pete is a great guy to work with plus a great prouduct here is a pic of mine
steve
Thanks, Steve. I appreciate your kind words and pointing folks in my direction.

I want to be careful and sensitive to TDG policies, but will briefly answer a couple of very valid questions that have been raised.

The fabric is 100% polyester knit, which means several things for us:
- polyester won't "hold" water, so when you wash it, it dries rather fast
- being knit and stretchy, the glove-like fit I build into the rpefilters "opens" the weave fr improved air flow and minimal restriction... in fact, when you see a picture of a black one, the camera flash reveals how open the knit is because you can actually see the expanded metal cage surrounding the pleats through the fabric
- the particular fabric I've chosen is sturdy, but in all honesty, will tear and get wear holes like any other fabric
- having this open knit fabric over the filter elementwill keep out things like bugs, leaves, and other larger things which could otherwise get through the metail cage and plug filtration surface area between the paper pleats

Feel free to email me for particulars.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode